Hide
2 Posts

Aton» Forums » Rules

Subject: order of actions (adding vs. removing counters) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Uwe Schmidt
msg tools
Is there any precise order in which counters should be added/removed from board in player´s turn. I am asking because of the following situation that we encountered recently:

It was a beginning of 3rd round and I already had 8 counters of my colour in a temple no.3.

On my side of the board, I had cards with number four on all cartouches except for cartouche no.2 (where I had a card with number 1). Card with the lowest number determined me to be a starting player in this round, so I put four of my counters to remaining free spots in temple no.3 and I claimed it to be a victory (according to rules, which say that game ends in a very moment when one of the 4 conditions of victory is fulfilled). On the other hand my opponent opposed to me that game is not over yet, because I still have to remove one of my own counters and as I had counters only in temple no.3 the game would have to continue. Have you ever encountered this situation? If yes, how did you solve it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Matt
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
sysyphus0 wrote:
Is there any precise order in which counters should be added/removed from board in player´s turn. I am asking because of the following situation that we encountered recently:

It was a beginning of 3rd round and I already had 8 counters of my colour in a temple no.3.

On my side of the board, I had cards with number four on all cartouches except for cartouche no.2 (where I had a card with number 1). Card with the lowest number determined me to be a starting player in this round, so I put four of my counters to remaining free spots in temple no.3 and I claimed it to be a victory (according to rules, which say that game ends in a very moment when one of the 4 conditions of victory is fulfilled). On the other hand my opponent opposed to me that game is not over yet, because I still have to remove one of my own counters and as I had counters only in temple no.3 the game would have to continue. Have you ever encountered this situation? If yes, how did you solve it?

The player whose turn it is assesses cartouches 2 to 4 one after the other, then the other player follows

you remove before you add counters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.