Agent Decker» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question About Mission Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Vines
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Man, this game is great. I love the rush of the line advance, and the climax of the finale. This theme fits so well with the game's mechanics. It's so simple and elegant.

Question about Mission Cards:

I am assuming that the "Mission Cards" (not the gear cards stored behind the mission cards) stay equipped? In other words, once you earn the Mission One card, you are granted with a single Stealth point each turn. Mission Two, the rules permanently change to two card interactions a turn. Mission Three, the rules permanently change to 5 drawn cards--and so on. Is this correct? Or do those cards need to be filtered through the discard like Gear Up cards? I.E., the Mission One card only applies to a turn when drawn and the the Mission Two card allows you to draw 5 cards for one turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blindmansleeps wrote:
Man, this game is great. I love the rush of the line advance, and the climax of the finale. This theme fits so well with the game's mechanics. It's so simple and elegant.

Question about Mission Cards:

I am assuming that the "Mission Cards" (not the gear cards stored behind the mission cards) stay equipped? In other words, once you earn the Mission One card, you are granted with a single Stealth point each turn. Mission Two, the rules permanently change to two card interactions a turn. Mission Three, the rules permanently change to 5 drawn cards--and so on. Is this correct? Or do those cards need to be filtered through the discard like Gear Up cards? I.E., the Mission One card only applies to a turn when drawn and the the Mission Two card allows you to draw 5 cards for one turn.

I believe they are permanent, but I can't check the rules now. If I remember correctly, the idea is that after you complete each mission, your newbie agent has learned something new, which gets you those new rules and extras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Vines
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Yeah, that seems to make the most sense to me.

And, because you start out with more Punches than Stealths, it would be a point of balance that the reward for completing the first mission is a permanent Stealth point.

It's just strange because the first two mission cards are labeled "Keep," but the others aren't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Correia
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question! To be honest at one point I was worried about the balance of the of "Gear Up!" card and removed some "KEEP" tags out of a few cards. In hindsight I can see how that can look inconsistent.

In effect, the mission reward cards are permanent and behave just like the "KEEP" cards, but not all of them counts toward "Gear Up". The solution would be to remove the tag from the reward from mission two, but at this point I don't want to change it since it would make some high scores invalid.

However now I am aware of it, and will revisit it for the official release of Agent Decker, with Board & Dice.

Thanks again Phelan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.