Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rulebook, in the opfire section, there are 3 ways to increase profFP up to the original FP:
1. target is adjacent
2. firing unit is marked as OP
3. player spends as CP

There is nothing about this in the assault fire section.

But in the CP section, CP "May be used to increase the Proficient FP by one (but not greater than the Normal FP) before one attack."

Of course #2 is not possible during assault fire. But would you gain +1 to prof FP (up to normal FP) during assault fire if target is adjacent?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet-Gen. Mattis
mbmbmbmbmb

Seems pretty clear to me.

The Player Aid Card (PAC) says that Op Fire and Assault Fire both use Proficient Firepower (PF) number.

On the PAC (and in the rules), it says that Op Fire from 1 hex will raise PF by 1. The PAC specifically says Op Fire, says nothing about Assault Fire, so if Assault isn't mentioned, the adjacent increase doesn't apply. PAC says you can increase PF by 1 by spending a CP, doesn't mention Op or Assault Fire, so it applies to both.

Assault Fire rules (5.1) are also pretty clear. For Assault Fire, you can spend a CP to raise PF by 1. Again, nothing about being adjacent, so no raise in PF for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alasdair Campbell
Scotland
Isle of Skye
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My reading of the PAC would suggest that Assault Fire does benefit from the +1 adjacency modifier. The PAC states: "Assault Fire, Op Fire, & Final Op Fire use Prof. Firepower. Each of these increases Proficient Firepower by 1 (but no greater than the Normal Firepower):
Op Firing at an Adjacent Unit
Op Firing while marked as Op Fire
Spending one (& only one) allowed Command Point

That would appear to suggest that Assault Fire can benefit from the Op Fire Adjacency +1 modifier.

Ignore the above, I (not the first time) completely misread the rules...

On another note, is the +1 adjacency modifier for Op Fire cumulative with the +3 Situation modifier?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Webster
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Tech & BoardGaming Nerd
mbmbmbmbmb
Except that Assault Fire isn't Op Fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alasdair Campbell
Scotland
Isle of Skye
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, indeed my bad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.