Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikey Moo
Canada
Red Deer
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This has probably been asked somewhere but since I can't find it... With the extra junk and animal decks that are available with having both DoM and DoM2, would it be possible to play with 5 or even 6 players?

The main issue that I can think of outside of a lot of down time for players would just be having so many animal types in the deck ends up causing it to be too hard to get the same color stacks you need. But curious if the designer or anyone has tried it and how well did it play? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OxBaker wrote:
...would it be possible to play with 5 or even 6 players?

Sure you could probably pull it off by putting DoM and DoM 2 together as you suggest.

DoM is excellent but I can't imagine wanting to play it this way...with the card row changing rapidly there would be little to no forward planning and as you mention putting things in your market stall would take a very long time...and the downtime would be pretty bad too. Yeah, I wouldn't go for this myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Laakso
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Runcible Spoon summed up my opinion too. Yes, you can do it. No, I don't recommend it. There's a reason I capped the player amount to 4. Even regular 4 player game has a bit too much downtime to my liking which is exactly why I developed team rules for DoM 2 (those work with the original too and can be downloaded here).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I haven't even played the team rules yet, but do you think they could work for 6 players, given that they apparently reduce down time for 4p?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Laakso
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend that over a regular 5 player game. You would preferably need 2 of the same game to keep the amount of different decks to a smaller amount though. Adding more different animalfolks makes it too hard to build up your stalls. It would still have too much downtime to my liking as you have a full turn every 6 players and a half a turn every 3 players instead of 4 and 2.

We could support greater player counts officially, but as in my opinion they are inferior gameplay experiences when compared to 2–4 players, we wanted to keep 2–4 count. There are huge variety of games better suited for greater number of players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikey Moo
Canada
Red Deer
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers. Our gaming group happens to be 5 so I don't get many chances to bring this great game to the table with that being the case.

Occurred to me that one thing I may test play is just tweak the rules to say you can use up to two colors in stacks when playing with 5-6 and see how that goes. We do a lot of chatting as we play so I'm not as concerned about the down time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.