Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
3 questions about locking:

-If I complete a task and have some dices left, can I still roll them again to try to get a better result to lock one with a spell?

-Can I spell lock a die that I already focused on me?

-if i lock a yellow or red dice, can someone use it without needing to use an item card?

off topic: also, when someone complete a task, does he stay on the card that replace the last one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
- If you complete a task yes, but I think you mean to say if you complete an adventure, in which case no you don't get to roll the remaining dice.

- I don't think so.

- No, they need an item card to use it.

off topic: Again, they're not tasks, they are adventures and no the investigator does not stay on the replacement Adventure.

Task = 1 dice challenge within an Adventure card.

An adventure card can have several tasks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that was mostly right. If you use a spell to secure a red or yellow (or white) die, another player *can* use it without a special card, but they have to use the face showing. They can't add it to their dice pool and reroll it without another card.

"When a die is secured on a Spell card, it remains there until any player chooses to use it to complete a task[...]"

Here's an official answer to the question from someone who wrote to FF:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/12576395#12576395

Spells are already overpriced in the base game. Don't make them worse!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
With regards to using a spell to lock a die that you've already focused, the rules are pretty clear:

"To cast such a spell [...] he choose one die *from that roll*. "

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nightwishpower wrote:

-If I complete a task and have some dices left, can I still roll them again to try to get a better result to lock one with a spell?

No! You can only roll dice to try and complete a task. If you have any tasks left on the adventure you can then roll to complete try and complete the next task - and then put one on a spell. You can't just arbitrarily roll dice to try and get one to put on a spell (e.g. when an adventure is complete

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
nerman8r wrote:
Well, that was mostly right. If you use a spell to secure a red or yellow (or white) die, another player *can* use it without a special card, but they have to use the face showing. They can't add it to their dice pool and reroll it without another card.

"When a die is secured on a Spell card, it remains there until any player chooses to use it to complete a task[...]"

Here's an official answer to the question from someone who wrote to FF:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/12576395#12576395

Spells are already overpriced in the base game. Don't make them worse!

Michael is correct. Any player can use results secured on spells regardless of spending items. If you want to gain and reroll a yellow or red secured on a spell, you have to spend the item giving you that die
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
ok thank you very much everyone.
SOrry if i wasnt clear, english is not my first language

About my last question, I was asking where do my character goes after completing an "adventure", but I guess he just stays at the same place where the new adventure card is put.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
msg tools
nightwishpower wrote:
About my last question, I was asking where do my character goes after completing an "adventure", but I guess he just stays at the same place where the new adventure card is put.

They go back to the entrance/lobby/giftshop place that I can't remember the name of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.