Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Boutilier
Canada
Upper Tantallon
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if anyone has even a short demo of a couple rounds of the Solo variant.
Would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks folks !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What exactly are you looking for? I don't make videos, but I love playing solo Nightfall, so I can try to help out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boutilier
Canada
Upper Tantallon
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Craig!

I was just hoping to see it played as a solo game. I'm starting to understand the rules (I dont have the game yet), but I have a small disconnect between what the game is regular multiple player, and what it is solo... I mean the purpose... what kind of "opponent" you have. It doesn't seem the AI Opponent really "attacks" so much. And, a little worrisome, AI Opponent deck is open knowledge (so do we now have 2 handed chess, so to speak?) Seems the fun of the gam eis in what happens with all players in the chain, but with AIs you are still playing everyone's cards...

I don't want to go in on this game too much if the gameplay of the solo is more forced for fans of the title, than it is an engaging solo experience (as I'd only be playing solo).

Thus a video would help see that, you know?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Freeman
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have an Apple device you should try the Nightfall app.
Sure it only has the Original and Martial Law expansion available but the AI is good and you can learn the game along the way.

The REAL game is awesome, but some of the allure of the game is the negotiate and politics to make opponents attack each other.

So solo doesn't have all the flavor.

Still very good though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boutilier
Canada
Upper Tantallon
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks jason
im trying to get away from computer screens
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jgb7 wrote:
Hi Craig!

I was just hoping to see it played as a solo game. I'm starting to understand the rules (I dont have the game yet), but I have a small disconnect between what the game is regular multiple player, and what it is solo... I mean the purpose... what kind of "opponent" you have. It doesn't seem the AI Opponent really "attacks" so much. And, a little worrisome, AI Opponent deck is open knowledge (so do we now have 2 handed chess, so to speak?) Seems the fun of the gam eis in what happens with all players in the chain, but with AIs you are still playing everyone's cards...

I don't want to go in on this game too much if the gameplay of the solo is more forced for fans of the title, than it is an engaging solo experience (as I'd only be playing solo).

Thus a video would help see that, you know?

That's fair. I'm thinking about how I can convey this information. Might just be a raw video shot on my phone, or it might be a detailed write-up.

At first blush, I will say that the AI opponent attacks a lot. However, it is three-handed card play.

Let me see what I can come up with. Hopefully I will have something for you this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.