Popular Tags: [View All]
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a few questions on the Demon's Revenge scenario:

1) With the "add fire to the board when there are fewer than two threatening fires" rule, are the locations random or player choice? We played player choice due to the fact it didn't specify.

2) Does warping all demons out of the Academy with Break Dimension result in a win? It seems possible to insta-win if lucky since that spell is always includes and the demons start in a single room.

3) Does Drain Soul count as a damaging spell? This is relevant both for the "no staves" rule and for Malkar's ability.

4) When fire spreads into the Mana Crystal, do you place all tokens from that activation and then resolve the Attack or can you use the Attack to prevent the other fires from spreading? So if two adjoining rooms would spread fire into the Mana Crystal and a second room, does that cost one or two mana?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yup, it's intended to be player choice. Bear in mind that fire tokens in adjoining rooms are considered a single big fire.

2) Reading the RAW yes, plainly the objective should be eratta'd to "no demons in any room".

In playtesting it was always played as possible to move the cursed room out of the academy but generally not desirable to do so. The reason for this is that when fire spreads towards the cursed room all directions become equal and the tiebreaker for 'towards the cursed room' directions is whichever one adds the most new threat tokens to the board - so while the demons wouldn't get released it lead to rapidly spreading fires that endangered the mana crystal.

3) Strictly, it's not a damaging spell.

4) When you spread a fire (or flood for that matter) you place all tokens before resolving the attack, so in your example it would cost two mana.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I'm loving this game BTW, and my wife and I have played over 20 games with various player counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad you're having a good time with it

Where do you weigh in on the "Is it easier with larger or smaller player counts" thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
x_equals_speed wrote:
I'm glad you're having a good time with it

Where do you weigh in on the "Is it easier with larger or smaller player counts" thing?

I think there are tradeoffs, as you mentioned in a different post. It's much harder to cover the board in a 2p but otherwise it feels reasonably balanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.