1 , 2  Next »   | 

Healthy Heart Hospital» Forums » News

Subject: HHH receives out-of-house printing treatment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
YM C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HHH will be one of the first games to receive VPG out-of-house printing treatment. Cool~ whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder how different it will be from the current VPG version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aly D
Scotland
Edinburgh
EH17 8LA. Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea what this will mean? Mounted board or something more fundamental with the current cardboard tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
daykz69 wrote:
Any idea what this will mean? Mounted board or something more fundamental with the current cardboard tokens?

Probably something along the lines of Dawn of the Zeds 3rd edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YM C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coming up next: Renegade
I guess
One thing for sure, availability will improved with more affordable pricing... I might be wrong
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are thinking about getting this it is $10 off for the next 3 days. So do you get the VPG version at a $10 discount? Or do you wait and see what the new version will be like but do not know what the price will be yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YesMyNameIs Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jbetz45453 wrote:
If you are thinking about getting this it is $10 off for the next 3 days. So do you get the VPG version at a $10 discount? Or do you wait and see what the new version will be like but do not know what the price will be yet?

I bought this during the sale a month or two ago, so I'm not apt to repurchase unless the components totally blow me away... Even then, it'd be a hard sell... but it was a surprise to hear that not only is this getting an upgraded treatment, but that it's almost done. "The overseas-printed copies will be available soon." I would have held off had I known that. I figured they'd Kickstarter everything, and the long kickstarter cycles for the VPG games meant it'd be awhile before anything new appeared.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keiron
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's interesting. Was thinking of buying the game as I liked the look of the gameplay but I refuse to buy anything with laser cut components; they're just awful. I appreciate why the likes of VPG do it but they're just not acceptable (to me) so if there is die-cut counters in the offing I'm in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Premier Line edition of HEALTHY HEART HOSPITAL will be very similar to the current Gold Banner edition. If you own the latter, you probably don't need the former, as they're very similar.

The board will be one-piece, mounted (folded once), the counters die-cut, and nice cards, of course. I do not believe the systems or mechanics have been touched, although I expect some rules vagueness noted on these forums was cleared up a bit.

The designer or developer might be able to offer more on this subject, but this is edition is NOT a major overhaul akin to ZEDS 3.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Hansen
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
As Alan said, for the most part just a component shift from our in-house techniques to more common mass market techniques.

In terms of mechanics, the Emergency Room card was changed slightly, and there are a number of rules clarifications.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kendl
United States
Hartford
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will it go to general distribution and be available in FLGS? Will it have the same $49 price?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Despot9 wrote:
As Alan said, for the most part just a component shift from our in-house techniques to more common mass market techniques.

In terms of mechanics, the Emergency Room card was changed slightly, and there are a number of rules clarifications.

Another change was that the game ends at the end of the 9th ambulance phase instead of the last phase of a round (housekeeping). This means one less game round of actions and you are held more liable for the last round of actions (8th) than before. The 9th round round will still exist, but it will end immediately after the ambulance phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Will it go to general distribution and be available in FLGS? Will it have the same $49 price?

Yes, and we don't know the price yet. We're still sorting out the shipping costs as we have to factor that in.

Alan Emrich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YesMyNameIs Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ropearoni4 wrote:
Another change was that the game ends at the end of the 9th ambulance phase instead of the last phase of a round (housekeeping). This means one less game round of actions and you are held more liable for the last round of actions (8th) than before. The 9th round round will still exist, but it will end immediately after the ambulance phase.

Just out of curiosity, what was the reason for this change? Is it to keep people from fishing for extra VPs when the pressure is mostly off (aside from emergency room cases).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
smittyohio wrote:
ropearoni4 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what was the reason for this change? Is it to keep people from fishing for extra VPs when the pressure is mostly off (aside from emergency room cases).

Yes. Specifically, the story arc loses momentum rather than gains it. The round by that point becomes almost a prestige grab with very little tension. In theme, this round was not about saving the hospital, it was all about just getting more money and prestige with very little care to what happens the next round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuene
Switzerland
Zurich
Zurich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wil the new rules be available for in-house-edition owners?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kuene wrote:
Wil the new rules be available for in-house-edition owners?

I'll add it to the bgg files section as soon as I am given permission to do so...for the geekgold, of course. whistle

Edit: not your geek gold, the gg that you get when you add to the bgg database.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Ridge
United States
Martinez
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please update this thread when it's close to availability so I can remember to look for it. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Old Ironsides being overflown by the Blue Angels
mbmbmbmbmb
Despot9 wrote:

Curious about the changes to the Emergency Room card. Alan mentioned in the last update that it was re-balanced. Any hints as to what was done and if this is something that present owners can incorporate into the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Hansen
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
The new rules clarify the ER as follows:
Quote:

Emergency Room*: Holds up to one patient from any malady at Illness levels 1 to 5. When Improved it can hold up to three patients. Patients can never be moved to the Emergency Room with the Transfer Patients Action. It is for emergency cases only. If a patient in the Waiting Room / Triage gets to 5 cubes (exactly, no more or less) during the Ambulance Phase and there is space available in the Emergency Room, they are immediately moved to the first available table there for free.
If a patient in the Emergency Room drops below 5 cubes, it will be immediately transferred back to the empty chair in the Waiting Room / Triage where it came from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Old Ironsides being overflown by the Blue Angels
mbmbmbmbmb
Despot9 wrote:
Quote:

Emergency Room*: Holds up to one patient from any malady at Illness levels 1 to 5. When Improved it can hold up to three patients. Patients can never be moved to the Emergency Room with the Transfer Patients Action. It is for emergency cases only. If a patient in the Waiting Room / Triage gets to 5 cubes (exactly, no more or less) during the Ambulance Phase and there is space available in the Emergency Room, they are immediately moved to the first available table there for free.
If a patient in the Emergency Room drops below 5 cubes, it will be immediately transferred back to the empty chair in the Waiting Room / Triage where it came from.

Interesting. Really puts the "Emergency" into the Emergency Room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Despot9 wrote:
Quote:

Emergency Room*: Holds up to one patient from any malady at Illness levels 1 to 5.

To further clarify, patients at levels 1-4 that are mentioned will be immediately sent to the waiting room. Only level-5 patients can stay in the ER during a turn. As before, the patient in the ER still dies at the end of the round.

Revised Emergency Room
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this going through Kickstarter or straight to retail?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YM C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should be straight to retail, I think... Not 100% sure, but should be...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Straight to retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.