$30.00
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought the game, and the plastic tray has a lot of cracks in it. I also see a lot of threads here in this forum that talk about missing or misprinted cards, and updates to the rulebook.

I haven't opened the pack of cards yet, but since the tray is the really thin fragile one that cracks a lot, does that mean I have the very first printing, and my cards will have issues, too? Does anyone know how many printings there have been so far and which ones have which components?

What card errors are there in the first printing? How do I know which printing I got? Does the bad tray always mean my cards and rulebook have issues, too?

Thanks for all thoughts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Pe
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The very first printing I thought was this one from Spiel '15 in Essen. In this Printing a card of the Asylum deck had missing text on the back (I think it was card 112 or 118).

If you ordered it any time after Spiel '15 from an online store or FLGS you should have got a reprinted version with all cards correctly. The broken plastic tray indicates this. My plastic tray was also broken, but I had no issues with cards or missing texts.

For the broken plastic tray I contacted the online store where I received the game from and also Asmodee, the publisher here in germany. After the production of new plastic tray I received one for free. Maybe you have to contact your local game support for a new tray.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALeX
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nifdgad wrote:
In this Printing a card of the Asylum deck had missing text on the back.
In the german version the text on card 110 was missing. My version, bought on Spiel '15, did not have that error but you can clearly see that the card was replaced because the colors of the front doesn't match the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy had the bad tray as well, but all the cards and the rulebook were fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep the FAQ handy in any case. There are only 2 questions specific to Asylum, so maybe you're good either way? I played a copy of Asylum bought near the beginning of the year and I don't remember any card text problems, but we did consult the FAQ a lot in the beginning to get the general action flow down and clarify other rules.

The expansions are what could use a lot of card update clarifications. Especially Prophecy of Dragons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just check the number above the barcode on the back of the box. It'll say 2015-1 or 2016-1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.