Subject: Axis&Allies 2004 or RiskL 2210? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: thisorthat [+] [View All]
J. Green
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These games are 50% off at a local store and I'm trying to decide whether to get one or both. I see a lot of 10 ratings for each one, and while that's not a deciding factor it's impressive. I like the fact that both are sort of strategic world conquest games, and while I realize A&A is much deeper I do like the theme of R2210. I also have read it's the best of the lot as far as Risk goes.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
both good games. If they're 50% off, get both! Thats two for one! I would get them both. Axis and Allies is a classic, and Risk 2210 i hear is the best version of Risk out there. Do it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher DeFrisco
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Ah, negative. I am a meat popsicle.
mbmbmbmbmb
Risk 2210 is indeed the best of the lot. Godstorm comes in a close second. I haven't played A&A yet, but it is on my "to buy" list. I own and play many of the Risk variant-genre games. The best, imho, is Samurai Swords (formerly known as Shogun).

Definitely get both!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got Samurai Swords off of ebay..arrived yesterday..I'm sooo excited to try it out..sounds soo fun. I could see it going to the top of my list!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are both really good games, and very similar. You can't go wrong with either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I can't comment on Risk 2210 - I have looked at it but think I would like GodStorm better.

But if A&A:Revised is half off, definitely get it! It was my first "real" game as a youngster and the Revised (2004) edition is even better. It doesn't see much playing time now that I have Memoir '44 but for a more epic battle, I like A&A. Also a decent game for 2 to 5 and works well for any number between that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A&A2004 is the better game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Having played both I can definitely suggest getting both games. I played the 1st ed A&A and the update is so much better. 2210 is a nice variation on the game of risk with cards, commanders, etc. Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.