Subject: problems with the white bases vs runner base... thx rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hey all,
so the white base (the one meant for npc) have being inside the box for a while. Yesterday i tried to use them on my runners and some dont stay on. Im not 100% sure that is the white bases vs the runners base is a bit bend vs a combination of these.

im gonna try and test the base around. but wondering if anyone run into this already and what they did about it.
thanks

ps would come with more info tomorrow if noone have run into this and already know the issue.

edit on and btw i have the black base on the archers, and they work like a charm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to do a little bit of filing of 1 or 2 bases, for the white bits to clip on, but once I did, they were fine.

Derailing the thread slightly, I don't suppose anyone has spare white bases they'd be willing to part with? I bought the extra Kickstarter NPCs, but they didn't come with bases, so I'm a dozen short.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
All you need is love :)
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I used small white adhesive dots (about 4mm in diameter) and put them on the bases of the minis. Looks much better than those white, thick bases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mightyjim wrote:
I had to do a little bit of filing of 1 or 2 bases, for the white bits to clip on, but once I did, they were fine.

Derailing the thread slightly, I don't suppose anyone has spare white bases they'd be willing to part with? I bought the extra Kickstarter NPCs, but they didn't come with bases, so I'm a dozen short.

thats strange, all my npc's from the KS all came with white bases.
maybe contact cmon support

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought them off Ebay. clearly the seller decided to keep them for some reason - only realised when it was too late.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
I used small white adhesive dots (about 4mm in diameter) and put them on the bases of the minis. Looks much better than those white, thick bases.

yup, we did that for modern zombicide. but we really like how easy the bases make zombies to be spotted. for some reason we keep missing runners when they are surrounded by walkers lol

anyway..
thanks all... it seems that some runners their base is bended, so the base keep falling on 3-4 of them.
wish I had the option of buying more variety of colors, I would have glue the white base to the runners.. maybe I can, and paint the rest of the white for when I use the NPCs lol

guess no worth it contacting CMON for this, too much of a hassle for a minor detail..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chang_1910 wrote:
it seems that some runners their base is bended, so the base keep falling on 3-4 of them.

I was lucky. I had one runner like this, with the warped based. I used the hair drier. Worked like a charm to flatten the base and then the white black base went on and held perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carcking wrote:
chang_1910 wrote:
it seems that some runners their base is bended, so the base keep falling on 3-4 of them.

I was lucky. I had one runner like this, with the warped based. I used the hair drier. Worked like a charm to flatten the base and then the white base went on and held perfectly.

oh man thanks! I`m gonna try that...
I assume you used the hair drier with hot air, right? and did you just blow air and move it around and that was it or any fancy trick?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chang_1910 wrote:
Carcking wrote:
chang_1910 wrote:

I was lucky. I had one runner like this, with the warped based. I used the hair drier. Worked like a charm to flatten the base and then the white base went on and held perfectly.

oh man thanks! I`m gonna try that...
I assume you used the hair drier with hot air, right? and did you just blow air and move it around and that was it or any fancy trick?

No, that was it. Blew hot air on the base until it softened just enough then pressed it flat on the bathroom sink counter top with my fingers till it cooled. And it went flat. Then the white black disk worked perfectly. Before that it kept popping itself off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sweet man! much appreciated, will try this later tonight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Diaz
msg tools
There is no need for a hairdryer, there is a much faster way.

A lot of this minis come with uneven bases, or in my case almost all of the runners came like falling to a side due to the small attachment point to the base. Others like some heroes come with bend swords or axes.

What I normally do is boil the kettle. Then pour the hot water into a cup and submerge the mini for 2-3 seconds.

When you take it out is wobbly and you have like 5 seconds to leave it straight and it will stay like that once is cold. I´ve been doing this for years, works every time.

Be very careful with the inmersion time, is better to put the miniature in the hot water for 2 seconds and check, if the mini is still hard put it another 2 seconds rather than leaving it for 6 seconds and take a melted miniature out of the water.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
picardias wrote:
There is no need for a hairdryer, there is a much faster way.

Hmm...did you just suggest boiling water, and dipping and re-dipping, is faster than flipping a switch on a hairdryer? Or maybe you're thinking if one doesn't own a hairdryer one has to run to the store and buy one? Then I agree, that would definitely take longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Diaz
msg tools
Well, my kettle takes 1 minute to boil water, and after that I fixed the whole kickstarter box on the same glass, takes 3 seconds each mini, maybe if it is just one miniature your method is faster, I just think with hot water the heat spread more evenly and you can control with part to heat better (like just the sword) but you are free to do whatever works for you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the option... I tried the hairdryer and it worked. If I have more many I`ll consider your option @david, but I think I would be too scare of melting my poor mini lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
picardias wrote:
Well, my kettle takes 1 minute to boil water, and after that I fixed the whole kickstarter box on the same glass, takes 3 seconds each mini, maybe if it is just one miniature your method is faster, I just think with hot water the heat spread more evenly and you can control with part to heat better (like just the sword) but you are free to do whatever works for you!

Ah, agreed. For doing a larger qty the hot water method would probably be faster ultimately. I only had one rebel runner though so I considered myself lucky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.