Subject: Marriages overpowered? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henrik Lantz
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sending your female meeples to be married, paying 4 coins, and getting 8 VP, seem a bit too good to pass on. If you are lucky you might also get a "shield" which you can get extra points for at the end of the game. As it is always allowed to place the female meeple, as long as you pay the required sum, 8 VPs are more or less guaranteed though. It does require money, but in particular if you early on buy the top-most grey helper (+3 coins), then money tends to be available.

Sending your male meeples to do a career requires many more actions (first increasing their careers using several actions, and then using an action to send them on a diplomacy action), and seems like a less attractive strategy.

What are your feelings here? Note the question-mark in my title, I am not sure this actually is the case. It has been a winning strategy in several 2 and 3 player games I have played though. I hope it is not a "must do" action, I'd prefer to see more evenly matched strategies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, it depends on the last two turn scoring tiles which you should focus on. Second, they give you money and initiative while you push your guys up, and with the appropriate helpers it's practically free to do so. In my experience we rarely use the teal dice action to push career tracks, it's more done with the middle three column's bottom helpers. And money is really tight in most of the game. The winner in our games usually worked with both men and women, focusing a bit more on what's better with the scoring tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank M.
United States
upstate New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wallwaster wrote:
First, it depends on the last two turn scoring tiles which you should focus on. Second, they give you money and initiative while you push your guys up, and with the appropriate helpers it's practically free to do so. In my experience we rarely use the teal dice action to push career tracks, it's more done with the middle three column's bottom helpers. And money is really tight in most of the game. The winner in our games usually worked with both men and women, focusing a bit more on what's better with the scoring tiles.

Multiple tracks to victory make this game great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.