Subject: One of the clamps for the board extension broke rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rune Ørum
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mb
When removing the extension board i noticed that one of the two clamps or "holders" had actually snapped and broken off.

Is there any way to obtain another, or somewhere you can get similar replacements?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
The official line seems to be that they're pretty much pointless in the end so don't worry about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Nieuwkoop
Netherlands
Klundert
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never use mine, The boards are heavy enough to stay in place nicely.
If you do want a replacement you can fill out a replacement form on the Stonemaier website here.
Ofcourse Jamey deciedes if you get a new one, not me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I broke the first one trying to put it on, don't miss it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey's actually stated before that the company won't be replacing the plastic clips. They are pretty much useless and were something thrown in at the end of the Kickstarter due to request, and it's not cost effective to replace something so small.

EDIT: And as the above poster said, the boards are heavy enough to stay in place on their own without the clips anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Life without the clips is so much more fun. I would never use them in case they marked that gorgeous board
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Nothing happens for a reason, but everything happens by a mechanism
badge
Nitrogen Conservation Awareness: I pee in the yard
mbmbmbmbmb
The clips are hard to put on, and aren't very helpful anyway. I use two PostIt notes applied underneath the two boards to keep them in place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Kester
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I literally just threw mine away yesterday as I see no use in them. Otherwise I would have sent them to you.

Seriously, don't use them. You don't need them and they risk scratching the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
xavierjackson wrote:
When removing the extension board i noticed that one of the two clamps or "holders" had actually snapped and broken off.

Is there any way to obtain another, or somewhere you can get similar replacements?

I'd be happy to send you mine (then you'd even have a spare ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'll pile on... one of mine broke, also. Immediately threw the other away. Don't need them. Didn't even use them for my first two games as I had forgotten that they were in the box!

Yeah, I can appreciate that for a lot of people, it may come down to "the principal of it" (i.e., they shouldn't break, so it's a problem that needs to be resolved).

Yeah, I totally agree with that line of thinking... but then again, you gotta choose your battles and this isn't one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
I Play With Toy Soldiers.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsdownThe clamps that came with the game suck.thumbsdown

Put some spongy non-stick shelf liner down and put the boards on top of it. This what we do with multi-board games like Zombicide, etc. Another option is to use binder clips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait you use those? I never have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not use mine. They are tough to get on and do not really work. I have a game that has a clip but it's metal with a screw. Works great. I can not remember what game it is though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Here's another solution if you don't want to blemish your boards with binder clips or the like... I did this with the two Star Wars: Rebellion boards... wish I could get that setup to show you all a picture, but bear with me...

You'll need:
- Map pins (i.e., those 1/2" pins with the tiny balls er, spheres on the end... You know, those pins you stick in a map to show where you've been). Preferably black.

- Loom bands (You know - those tiny rubber bands that kids use to weave rubber jewelry). Preferably black.

Assembly: Referencing both board edges that will butt against each other, locate both corners of each half. Then you're going to insert a pin into the outside edge, about 1/2" from each of those corners.

Push the pin most of the way into the board. THIS IS THE DELICATE PART, as you're inserting the pin through the layers of cardboard without it accidently poking through either face, if that makes sense.

You want to push the pin in deep enough so that about 1/16" - 1/8" of the pin protrudes from the edge of the board. Do this for all four corners, about 1/2" from each corner, on the outside board edge.

So what you'll have when you lay both boards flat, are map pins that are protruding by 1/8" from the sides of each board, and about 1/2" from each corner that butts up against each other.

Procedure: Butt the boards together and connect the two pins using the rubber loom bands. They'll keep the boards together!

Again, a picture is worth a thousand words here, so if any of you "insist", I can whip out my Star Wars Rebellion and take pictures of that and post here. Also keep in mind that while the SW:R board halves needed something like this, I don't find the same need for Scythe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Ørum
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mb
Hey!

I completely forgot about posting this yesterday

@Morten How kind is that! But really I should just listen to the other commentors here and play without them. I was actually a little concerned for the board as well.

Post-it notes i can handle!

Bygones!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spike K
msg tools

I was wondering what those 2 plastic clips were for...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both of mine were broken by the 4th game! But, no one has missed them. Really not needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.