Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Abilities "once per round" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray PG
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
Do item/char abilities which eg. allow you to re-roll a die, also count during the Mythos phase? And if so, does this phase count as a round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
shappy1010 wrote:
Do item/char abilities which eg. allow you to re-roll a die, also count during the Mythos phase? And if so, does this phase count as a round?

From page 24 of the RR.
Quote:
A game of Mansions of Madness is played over a series of rounds. Each round consists of two phases, the investigator phase and the mythos phase.

So a round consists of the Investigator Phase, followed by a Mythos Phase. A new round begins at the start of the next Investigator Phase.

This means that an ability to re-roll a die can be used during the Mythos Phase (as long as it hadn't already been used previously during the Investigator Phase).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Delaney
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I keep meaning to do, but forgetting, to remind myself the spell has been used or not is "tap" it, rotate it 90 degrees, when I use it.

Otherwise I found it hard to remember...free re-roll is easy to convince yourself..."did I use it already?.....naaaaah. Of course not."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.