Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bart Nijssen
Netherlands
Rosmalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question 1:

The card says: "Ambush: fortify your deck. While Iron Spider fortifies a player's deck, that player draws one fewer card at the end of their turn."

The rules state about fortify-effects: "Put this villain on or near the specified place."

>> Does this mean Iron Spider goes to (or near) the player's deck, in stead of to the city space?

Question 2:

The card further says: "Fight: reveal the top card of the villain deck. If that card is worth 2 VP or less, Iron Spider fortifies the deck of the player on your left.

>> In my opinion, there can be two options on how this card is being played:

a. This card goes to ( or near) the other player's deck (in a 2 player game) in stead of to the victory pile of the first player and the fortify effect stops, when it's been fought again and a card from the villain deck is worth 2 VP or more.

b. This card goes to the victory pile of the first player, and the fortify effect for the other player only lasts 1 turn.

Option a seems the most logical, making Iron Spider a villain that is hard(er) to beat. Am I right on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Iron Spider enters the city pushing any villain to the bank then the ambush effect takes place. He leaves the city and sits on the current player's deck.

2. Option A is correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Nijssen
Netherlands
Rosmalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
1. Iron Spider enters the city pushing any villain to the bank then the ambush effect takes place. He leaves the city and sits on the current player's deck.

2. Option A is correct

Thanks so much for the quick reply! Glad we played it correct! Love the Iron Spider card, although it was quite hard to get rid of in our first game :-) In total, the 2 Iron Spider cards fortified our decks 6 times (3 times per card), but I totally love the effect!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The ambush effect makes you place Iron Spider next to your deck, he does not enter the city. I you don't fight him you draw one less card at the end of your turn. If you do fight him, you reveal the top card of the villain deck. If it's VP more than 2, you win! If not he's the next player's problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jhochges wrote:
The ambush effect makes you place Iron Spider next to your deck, he does not enter the city. I you don't fight him you draw one less card at the end of your turn. If you do fight him, you reveal the top card of the villain deck. If it's VP more than 2, you win! If not he's the next player's problem.

As Todd said above, though, he *does* enter the city. Pushing everybody forward.

*Then* he moves to fortify your deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's quite a good design, as if Iron Man is in the Sewers it gives you an extra chance of there not being a villain in that space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But the Sewers are the last location in the city, not the first devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.