$5.00
$15.00
Scott
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some questions I've come up with from my first couple play sessions. I've done some searching on this and the official MCG forums but haven't found satisfactory answers.

Thanks for your help!

What is the relationship between the placement of Hunting Packs as described in the 2.0 rulebook and the Spawns listed on the backs of minion cards? The rulebook states that Hunting Packs may range in size from 3-8 (without reference to player count) while ‘Initial Spawn’ on minion cards ranges from 6-10 based on player count.

The Enemy Tactics section (page 17) of the 2.0 Rulebook reads: “Enemies with melee attacks always move towards their target. In addition, any melee minions already adjacent to a target will not move away.” In this case does “target” mean any hero the minion is engaged with or only their ‘Priority’ target?

Example: a melee minion’s Priority target is the Archer; but it doesn’t have enough MP to reach the Archer so it targets/attacks the Soldier instead. On the following turn, the minion has enough MP to reach the Archer, which is still its Priority target, but the the minion is still adjacent to the Soldier from the previous turn. Will the minion move away from the Soldier to attack the Archer, or will it continue to attack the Soldier?

Does Glacier’s Grip (Apprentice card) in any way interact with the Dash X keyword? Dash X allows (or causes) movement without granting/expending Movement Points, but does not include the “Not considered a Move” phrase. So does ‘dashing’ through glaciated squares require 2 MP per square?

Can Interrupt cards with the Counterattack keyword only be played after the hero has been attacked, or can they be played at any time during the Darkness Cycle? (E.g. as soon as it begins.)

For traps that require multiple successful Non-Combat Actions to disarm, must these NCAs be achieved back-to-back by a single hero? Or can they be accomplished separately over multiple turns?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To the best of my abilities ...

1. It's completely up to you to choose race and count. Find things too easy? then add 8 of a race different from the lair...

2. If they're adjacent, they won't move to a new target.

3. Not sure but thematically, I'd think it's still going to slow you down. The Trickster's spring trap would let you go past it because you're not actually on the ground.

4. After an attack. At least that makes sense.

5. Anytime, anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Günther
Germany
Blieskastel
Saarland
flag msg tools
FFFFFF
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Hunting Packs are placed when setting up a tile. It's a group of enemies that doesn't respawn when killed.
Spawns occur around a lair. When you place a monster lair on the map tile when setting it up, you also spawn some monsters around it. That's the initial spawn. Spawns repeat during the game until the lair is destroyed. The back of the minion cards tell you what to spawn when the game is in progress and you reach the spawn acitivity at the end of the darkness cycle (point 4 listed on the darkness board beneath Turn Summary > Darkness Cycle).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kelly
msg tools
In addition:

1. If you have to place a lair on a tile and a hunting party because of a quest say, the hunting party can also be the initial spawn from the lair, so no need to place two groups if you feel it would be too difficult.

5. As Kevin said and assuming the card does not give other specific instructions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DrProfHazzmatt
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. As others have said, Hunting packs are a one-time set-up and have nothing to do with the spawns on the back of the monster card. Spawns are used when you draw Darkness card. The final step of a Darkness card is the spawns which you refer to the monster card to determine what you should add around the lair based on the type of spawn you are encountering.

2. The minion will continue to attack the soldier. As you mentioned in that quoted section of the 2.0 rulebook, melee minions will not move away from from a hero. Since the soldier is immediately in range but the ranger requires the minion to move away from the soldier, it will stay and fight the soldier. If the minion was immediately in range (adjacent) to both the soldier and the archer, the minion would switch targets and now fight the archer.

3. I don't play the apprentice so I don't have a whole lot of experience with glacier's grip but from what you have listed here, no, dashing does not require 2MP as Dash allows movement without granting/expending Movement Points. Therefore, there are no movement points to be expended here.

4. Usually the card will say something to the effect of "play this card after a minion successfully resolves an attack against you" if you have to wait to be attacked. Could you provide an example card that you have in mind?

5. Pretty sure they can be done by different heroes and don't need to be done back to back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.