$30.00
Ron Preisach
United States
East McKeesport
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a single issue voter. If I had to pick one I think it would easily be SCOTUS appointments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a general stewardship voter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say SCOTUS as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edgerunner76 wrote:
I'm not a single issue voter. If I had to pick one I think it would easily be SCOTUS appointments.

Not a single issue voter either but if I had to pick one I would go with Universal Health Care.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeff brown wrote:
edgerunner76 wrote:

Not a single issue voter either but if I had to pick one I would go with Universal Health Care.

I'm typically against whackadoos occupying the most powerful office in the world. Even if a squirrel were running against Trump, the squirrel gets my vote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
darthhugo wrote:
jeff brown wrote:
edgerunner76 wrote:

I'm typically against whackadoos occupying the most powerful office in the world. Even if a squirrel were running against Trump, the squirrel gets my vote.

Gather all the nuts for winter sounds like a superior policy proposal as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All I know is that my rent is too damn high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Keefe
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's hard to pick a single issue. Unfortunately, I'd say in reality the main issue on my mind is keeping Trump as far away as possible from the presidency.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
It's the economy, stupid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
edgerunner76 wrote:

If I was going to single-issue it, it would be vaccination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The one overriding issue I have is that there is not a single viable candidate that my conscience would allow me to vote for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
That cake be named the "national desert" and ice cream made illegal! angry

Off for a long weekend and most likely won't be 'round. Enjoy the beautiful weather if Father Sol grants it, drink some beers and remember that the world doesn't end in a day and Father Sol will be with us until the very end.
Toots

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deport all immigrants to the United States going back to 1565 or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edgerunner76 wrote:

I don't want a sociopath in the oval office.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edgerunner76 wrote:

Scotus is the non personal good of the country issue.

ACA/National health care is the personal issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dogzard wrote:
The one overriding issue I have is that there is not a single viable candidate that my conscience would allow me to vote for.

So you are effectively voting for which ever candidate is more likely to win your state.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeff brown wrote:

You could have just said "I want free shit".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
jeff brown wrote:

Yes you totally destroyed that strawman.

After working for 5.5 years doing welfare work as a volunteer in my church I found that having affordable medical care is one of the most important things that can help someone work their way out of poverty.

Especially given that health problems and mental health problems were some of the most common things I saw that were keeping people in poverty.

The system we have now (and before obamacare, so don't bother blaming it on that) traps people in poverty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
jeff brown wrote:

How about you actually answer the question and say what your top issue is jc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeff brown wrote:
After working for 5.5 years doing welfare work as a volunteer in my church I found that having affordable medical care is one of the most important things that can help someone work their way out of poverty.

Especially given that health problems and mental health problems were some of the most common things I saw that were keeping people in poverty.

The system we have now (and before obamacare, so don't bother blaming it on that) traps people in poverty.

That's interesting. After working for over 10 years doing welfare work in my local community (I know humble brag) with the poor transplants who move here from Chicago. And growing up in a community to a single mother who was a crack head in a complex where we were the only white folks in extreme poverty.

I came to the conclusion that you can solve the problems with two simple things.

1. stop shitting out kids ! Thankfully my mother had complications after birth and was never able to have a another child.

2. focus on getting an education ! I am barely literate and perhaps the dumbest person on RSP, and yet here I am in the world top 1% !

Healthcare is easily obtained when you are non working poor,in fact much easier when your poor then if you are working poor.

So no, you want free shit and to steal the labor of others so that you can feel better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
How about you actually answer the question and say what your top issue is jc?

My top issue is figuring out which Democrat is going to do the least amount of harm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Healthcare is easily obtained when you are non working poor,in fact much easier when your poor then if you are working poor.

And this right here is a big part of the problem as it keeps people from working harder because they might lose the medical benefits which they need.

I have other disagreements but I don't want to derail the thread anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's hoping for taco trucks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeff brown wrote:
I have other disagreements but I don't want to derail the thread anymore.

You must be new around here, that's sort of what we do.

Feel free to start a new thread about all the free shit you feel entitled to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMK
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
May neighbors respect you, trouble neglect you, The angels protect you, and heaven accept you.
badge
May your troubles be less, and your blessing be more. And nothing but happiness, come through your door.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty much a single issue voter. I vote for whichever candidate I think has the greatest probability of decreasing my taxes or not increasing them.

Decreasing taxes will fix all of the other issues I care about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.