$20.00
Graham Zaretsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I was thinking about the game "Stellar Conquest", but I could SWEAR that either Metagaming Concepts or another company had another big-box science fiction board game which boasted actual 3-D movement I remember that they had larger hexes, but within each hex, were these round dots of different sizes, and the size /position of the dot determined the location of ships and star systems on the Z-axis.

I know that I owned the game and tried playing it at least once. At the time, I thought it was very clever how they did the 3D portion of it, although it was kind of a mind-bender as far as tactics were concerned. I just can't remember the name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph A Nardi
United States
Sterling Heights
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The name of the game was STARFORCE Trilogy! It was a SPI (Simulation Publications Inc) title;formerly Metagaming Concepts. I owned it at one time and it came in a large box with two other games included. I cannot remember the other two games that were in the box. Type the title in the search box on the BGG website and see. I think the other two titles were OUTREACH and STAR SOLDIER.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Haldurson wrote:
I was thinking about the game "Stellar Conquest", but I could SWEAR that either Metagaming Concepts or another company had another big-box science fiction board game which boasted actual 3-D movement I remember that they had larger hexes, but within each hex, were these round dots of different sizes, and the size /position of the dot determined the location of ships and star systems on the Z-axis.

I know that I owned the game and tried playing it at least once. At the time, I thought it was very clever how they did the 3D portion of it, although it was kind of a mind-bender as far as tactics were concerned. I just can't remember the name.

I believe the game you refer to was called Godsfire, and it was published by both Metagaming and Task Force Games.
I owned it at one time, but never got to play it.

Here's a picture of the 3D movement squares
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Zaretsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Thanks, I'm pretty sure, after checking out the entry, that it was Godsfire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.