Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric B
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a mill with a Governor is scored and the yield has not been met, the Governor is moved to the closest occupied mill without a Governor. The rules state "Of course he (i.e. the Governor) only moves across developed squares".

I understand this to mean that if there aren't any incomplete, occupied mills connected with the newly completed mill via one or more landscape, mill or farm tiles then the Governor is removed from the game. Am I correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I interpreted the rules, but I've been wrong before.

Edit: On page 31 under What happens if?
Quote:
? ...the governor wants to move to the nearest mill, but there is none on the game board? ! The governor is put back in the game box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback. I did read that in the rules but I assumed that it referred to a situation where there are no other mills on the game board at all. I think thematically it makes sense that the Governor would not be able to travel over unsettled swampland to another mill so I will continue to remove the Governor from the game in this situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
esterjey wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I did read that in the rules but I assumed that it referred to a situation where there are no other mills on the game board at all. I think thematically it makes sense that the Governor would not be able to travel over unsettled swampland to another mill so I will continue to remove the Governor from the game in this situation.

The situation you describe should never occur.

Placing Mill Tiles requires that you place them next to developed squares.
Placing Landscape tiles requires that you place them next to your own Mill tiles.

You should never end up with a stranded, disconnected Mill tile if you follow these rules of placement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right, I should have thought of that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Brightbart
msg tools
Page 31! People may be forgiven in thinking there's a massive rules set, when in fact it's anything but. It's just the English section of a 7 language rule book

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.