Popular Tags: [View All]
Spencer Williams
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I've had my eye on Arcadia Quest for a while now, but there is one thing that is holding me back.

I don't have the time to commit to a campaign, and this game seems like it is made to be played as a campaign.

Can you just play this game whenever, not as part of a larger campaign, and still be satisfied?

Or is this game at its best, like say, Imperial Assault, when you play consecutive missions in a campaign?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Penrose
United States
Derby
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play single scenarios, but I really think it is better as a campaign since you get to see your characters grow and get better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The game is better played campaign style, but you can play it in single sessions. The rule book outlines how to play it as single scenarios.

The game does come with systems though that allow you to "save" your progress so you don't have to play the campaign all in one sitting. Would you be able to do that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Williams
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bapenrose wrote:
You can play single scenarios, but I really think it is better as a campaign since you get to see your characters grow and get better.

I think we MIGHT be able to do that. I'll consult with my game group. Thanks for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Williams
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Bryan!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dont let the campaign discourage you.
once you get a good grasp of the game, the scenarios play relatively quickly so you could normally finish a campaign on 2-3 gaming nights which is reasonable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a group that only gets together once a month to play and we actually do a combination of both. We only play a single scenario of Arcadia Quest each gathering, but we keep the same guilds and equipment from each one to use the next time we play. In essence we are playing the campaign, but only in single scenario sittings.

As others have said, the game is a lot more fun as a campaign where you can see your characters grow as it progresses, but it is perfectly playable without though. There is even some special rules for setup in the rule book for randomizing some loot so that you can literally play any scenario at any time without needing to do the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.