Hide
12 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do we ever loose command tokens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Burgess
msg tools
Please refer to the rule and page number when answering. Do we loose orders when we loose a star base? If so, when do we loose the command?

I see two options. We either do not loose the order or we do and it takes place during the recharge phase for the player that lost the base. They would begin their turn with the command token and it is lost if they don't retake it on this turn. (The recharge phase maintenance rules page 25)

Nothing that I see actually says we have to count the number of star bases or that we loose command tokens for loosing a base.

your thoughts?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pg 20 lower left under Capturing Starbases:

"When you take Control of a Starbase from a rival, take one of their Command tokens. Place this token with your other Command Tokens, face down; it may not be used this turn."

(Man, I wish the rules pdf supported copy/paste and searching!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Burgess
msg tools
Thanks! I missed that totally lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mel Primus
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You also temporarily lose a command token if an advancement you have that gives you an extra command is exhausted by another game effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Veratul wrote:
You also temporarily lose a command token if an advancement you have that gives you an extra command is exhausted by another game effect.

That is not clear, actually. You receive an extra command token when you complete research on such a project, but the status of the token is not necessarily tied to the status of the advancement. Similarly, you would not suggest that romulans lose a culture token when one of their culture advancements is exhausted, would you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
prowllives wrote:
do we loose the command?

If your command tokens are loose, consider placing them in a box to keep them contained.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
Veratul wrote:

So far nothing that I'm aware of can exhaust a "Command" Advancement card. Only "Military" and "Espionage" cards can be exhausted. A nice piece of game design by GF9.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
R2EQ wrote:
Veratul wrote:

So far nothing that I'm aware of can exhaust a "Command" Advancement card. Only "Military" and "Espionage" cards can be exhausted. A nice piece of game design by GF9.

Don't the Ferengi have an advancement which allows them to exhaust any advancement they like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
Novacat wrote:
Don't the Ferengi have an advancement which allows them to exhaust any advancement they like?

Yes they do however, it can only exhaust 1 "espionage" advancement for 1 production resource, although they can do this multiple times!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
I just want to know if when you gain one of their commands is it active or exhausted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Exhausted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John1701 wrote:
I just want to know if when you gain one of their commands is it active or exhausted?

Pg #1 of the rule book under "Commands." Anytime you gain a command token it comes into play exhausted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.