Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
141 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Couple leaves Chicago after 1 day, moves back to Arizona because of crime rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the funniest thing I have seen all week. I cant tell what type of person they are dealing with in this story , at one point he mimics a black guy, or a white wanna be gangster guy. I cant tell, and they cant say. I assume it is a meth head. I also think the meth head smelled the fear on this couple.


I imagine this is how it would go down for most of the RSP basement dwellers in Chicago.

I found the location in maps. Still cant believe they were scared on the north side.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.0004213,-87.6607615,3a,75y,2...

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
So until they stepped foot in Chicago, they had no idea of the issues that city has? Glad they're not Oklahomans -- we already have a reputation for being morons.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice they can afford to do this.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee

Illinois
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb

You all gonna start me again...

It is damn lily white folks who defend the actions of the thugs here in Chicago. They have all the answers to why thugs act as they do...and they usually blame white society. They say......

Just talk to them....

Just treat them like normal folks....

Don't be scared of them...

Don't judge them by how they act....

Then they face a real live thug and their lofty ideals go out the window when they see the thugs true persona and get the shit kicked out of them.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
This is the funniest thing I have seen all week. I cant tell what type of person they are dealing with in this story , at one point he mimics a black guy, or a white wanna be gangster guy. I cant tell, and they cant say. I assume it is a meth head. I also think the meth head smelled the fear on this couple.


I imagine this is how it would go down for most of the RSP basement dwellers in Chicago.

I found the location in maps. Still cant believe they were scared on the north side.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.0004213,-87.6607615,3a,75y,2...



This couple just screams sheltered.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
This is the funniest thing I have seen all week. I cant tell what type of person they are dealing with in this story , at one point he mimics a black guy, or a white wanna be gangster guy. I cant tell, and they cant say. I assume it is a meth head. I also think the meth head smelled the fear on this couple.


I imagine this is how it would go down for most of the RSP basement dwellers in Chicago.

I found the location in maps. Still cant believe they were scared on the north side.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.0004213,-87.6607615,3a,75y,2...



This couple just screams sheltered.
I could not make it all the way through (I found them, like, too, like annoying), was it ever more then an encounter with one nutter?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh they act like an easy target then they're targeted. I'll bet the "threat" would have ended if they gave him $1.

The first time I went to NYC I was walking down the sidewalk a homeless dude (with a faint hit of urine) walks up to for no reason as yells "Hey, what the fuck are YOU looking at?"

I literally shit my pants and vowed to never go back to NYC.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I only know one person who has actually been mugged. It's my sister-in-law and it happened twice while she lived in Chicago as she walked from El to apartment. (North side near lake.)

Edit: After ~ 10 years in Chicago, she moved back to Michigan and now lives in Westland, a suburb of Detroit (same county).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
:laugh: they act like an easy target then they're targeted. I'll bet the "threat" would have ended if they gave him $1.

The first time I went to NYC I was walking down the sidewalk a homeless dude (with a faint hit of urine) walks up to for no reason as yells "Hey, what the fuck are YOU looking at?"

I literally shit my pants and vowed to never go back to NYC.

Hell I have been pestered on too many occasions to remember by beggars (sometimes very aggressive). Never felt the need to leave town (or not go back to one).

This is just really so pathetic, it almost sounds like they are just making excuses.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How rural wa the area they came from?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wise ol Gnome wrote:

You all gonna start me again...

It is damn lily white folks who defend the actions of the thugs here in Chicago. They have all the answers to why thugs act as they do...and they usually blame white society. They say......

Just talk to them....

Just treat them like normal folks....

Don't be scared of them...

Don't judge them by how they act....

Then they face a real live thug and their lofty ideals go out the window when they see the thugs true persona and get the shit kicked out of them.
You still don't get that yes there are thugs, but not all black people are thugs.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the manatee
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad they explained how a Subway restaurant works (and that it doesn't offer transportation)--I was a little confused.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Wise ol Gnome wrote:

You all gonna start me again...

It is damn lily white folks who defend the actions of the thugs here in Chicago. They have all the answers to why thugs act as they do...and they usually blame white society. They say......

Just talk to them....

Just treat them like normal folks....

Don't be scared of them...

Don't judge them by how they act....

Then they face a real live thug and their lofty ideals go out the window when they see the thugs true persona and get the shit kicked out of them.
You still don't get that yes there are thugs, but not all black people are thugs.
Not all thugs are BLACK.

As to wonderful crime free Arizona.

http://www.wildcat.arizona.edu/article/2016/07/robbery-on-ca...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Momiji Take-sumi
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Shadrach wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
This is the funniest thing I have seen all week. I cant tell what type of person they are dealing with in this story , at one point he mimics a black guy, or a white wanna be gangster guy. I cant tell, and they cant say. I assume it is a meth head. I also think the meth head smelled the fear on this couple.


I imagine this is how it would go down for most of the RSP basement dwellers in Chicago.

I found the location in maps. Still cant believe they were scared on the north side.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.0004213,-87.6607615,3a,75y,2...



This couple just screams sheltered.


A young couple who own their own business, make their own way to Chicago, and are aware their choice of clothing might make them a target. That doesn't scream sheltered to me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I began to form an opinion about them when she said their Jetta was filled with her shoes... Oh noooh, they only have one phone!
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Momiji Take-sumi
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
wifwendell wrote:
I began to form an opinion about them when she said their Jetta was filled with her shoes... Oh noooh, they only have one phone!


Eh, that's no different than WiseOlGnome complaining about people on public transit wearing droopy pants.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
red black wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
This is the funniest thing I have seen all week. I cant tell what type of person they are dealing with in this story , at one point he mimics a black guy, or a white wanna be gangster guy. I cant tell, and they cant say. I assume it is a meth head. I also think the meth head smelled the fear on this couple.


I imagine this is how it would go down for most of the RSP basement dwellers in Chicago.

I found the location in maps. Still cant believe they were scared on the north side.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.0004213,-87.6607615,3a,75y,2...



This couple just screams sheltered.


A young couple who own their own business, make their own way to Chicago, and are aware their choice of clothing might make them a target. That doesn't scream sheltered to me.
I think it wAs the "and LIKE THIS LIKE MAN CAME UP TO US AND HE WAS LIKE WEIRD BECAUSE HE, LIKE, TALKED TO US" and the fact that this was their first encounter with a nutter that makes them sound sheltered (and lets no leave out the fact it soo traumatized them they gave up their business).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Momiji Take-sumi
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
slatersteven wrote:
I think it wAs the "and LIKE THIS LIKE MAN CAME UP TO US AND HE WAS LIKE WEIRD BECAUSE HE, LIKE, TALKED TO US" and the fact that this was their first encounter with a nutter that makes them sound sheltered (and lets no leave out the fact it soo traumatized them they gave up their business).


He was assaulted.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
red black wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
I began to form an opinion about them when she said their Jetta was filled with her shoes... Oh noooh, they only have one phone!


Eh, that's no different than WiseOlGnome complaining about people wearing droopy pants on public transit.
Not really as one implies an odd set or priorities, shoes over whatever else they may have needed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I found them too annoying to continue watching the entire video.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
red black wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
I think it wAs the "and LIKE THIS LIKE MAN CAME UP TO US AND HE WAS LIKE WEIRD BECAUSE HE, LIKE, TALKED TO US" and the fact that this was their first encounter with a nutter that makes them sound sheltered (and lets no leave out the fact it soo traumatized them they gave up their business).


He was assaulted.
Would this be after he turned round to total strangers and in front of the bloke said he was acting weirdo, can you join us or before?

Again this was one nutter (assuming he was, and this is not a very biased version of events).

And the end of it is just rampant PARANOIA.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
I found them too annoying to continue watching the entire video.


Way too much editing did it take them 100's of takes to make this? Looking and where they are it's probably Mom and Dads house.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Hell I have been pestered on too many occasions to remember by beggars (sometimes very aggressive). Never felt the need to leave town (or not go back to one).


Holy shit, I love it when Slater starts to drop his words of wisdom about the mean streets of Essex. Word to your motha my peeps ! Yo , straight out of Essex !

Not sure why, but every time you speak about your experiences with the hard thug life on the queens island, I picture you like this.



2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pffft, most people leave Chicago after 1 day.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
I found them too annoying to continue watching the entire video.
I actually thought it was a joke, the amount of unneeded extra information and narrative that only seemed to be there to reinforce their affluence and Osmond-like nature seemed overly exaggerated for comedic effect. But then I realized there really was no punch line. Not even a smirk for Onion like satire.

When she said she was so "baller" for picking up something that dropped was especially cringeworthy.

I feel bad for anyone who is the victim of antisocial behavior, but this video is lame.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.