Subject: Your opinions on solo battle decks... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dejun King
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The description on BGG's Ashes game page states the following the sentence about the Phoenixborn: " Before they came into existence, the humans were plagued by monsters like chimeras that took away their lands and forced them to live in walled-off cities." This sparked a question in me and now I would very much like to hear the communities opinions on if you would like to see from Plaid Hat Games a strategy or battle based deck for solo or co-op play? Maybe some sort of A.I deck that features said monsters in the quote which have returned to claim the lands which was once theirs. Give the Phoenixborn an objective ally which does not count towards their battlefield total which they must keep safe. Don't get me wrong I love the game and the amount of replay ability it has but I feel this would bring even more playable variants to the table really getting the most out of the game so what do you think? Would you like to see this type of play and if so what type of deck would be fun to play against?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Minnigh
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I think that would be really cool. I thought that it might be cool if the Chimera had a set amount of abilities that could be used against the players, and that it had a dice pool just like regular, and you'd roll it at the beginning of a round and use those dice to "power up" the Chimera's various abilities. You'd simply fill as many of the abilities as possible and that would be the variety of attacks.

You could also just roll like 5 dice and do that every monster activation or something like that, to keep it from being too ridiculous. Could be fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is something I would 100% support and play in all forms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Johnson
United States
Athens
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, they could be like those Raid decks from WoW:TCG. They had Dungeon decks (or maybe I'm getting the two mixed up) that allowed one player to be a super strong character designed to take on several other players at the same time. I'd prefer the pure co-op style, but either could be interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Dunks
United States
Providence Forge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's an excellent idea! Hope you are listening PHG! Please run with this idea and let me give you more money!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dejun King
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for your positivity in this post! Let's keep this one going and maybe just maybe PHG will stumble upon it and take note

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JM
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I really want to play this. I am looking forward for the solo variant! I hope PHG can create a good solo variant with different levels of difficulty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maya
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is something I would definitely be interested in. Ashes looks like a great game, but I play almost exclusively solo and I think the game would be a little much for my main gaming partner at age 8. Would buy for sure if there was a solo/co-op variant available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Pertici
Italy
Certaldo
Firenze
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PHG is planning to release "scenario play" kits for organized play, with special rules, cards, dice and pieces to play Ashes in an alternative way (different objectives, rules and so on). So maybe a Phoenixborn VS Chimera co-op/solo variant could be a thing sooner or later

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa, where did this come from? Never heard about these "scenario play" kits before for Ashes; could you elaborate?
Thanks, sounds good btw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.