United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
Gaming with the family :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Fauna and Terra and would jump at the chance to play other editions of the game. However, with no disrespect to American BGG users, I'm not sure if this is for me. I don't really feel the need for countless "which state is this in?" type questions!

Have any European players given this game a try? How did you find it? This may seen a stupid question but, did you find it too US-centric?

I guess I'm wondering if the questions are actually of interest to non-Americans? I hope that doesn't sound too harsh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milena Guberinic
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Mina's Fresh Cardboard
mbmbmbmbmb
planetm wrote:
I love Fauna and Terra and would jump at the chance to play other editions of the game. However, with no disrespect to American BGG users, I'm not sure if this is for me. I don't really feel the need for countless "which state is this in?" type questions!

Have any European players given this game a try? How did you find it? This may seen a stupid question but, did you find it too US-centric?

I guess I'm wondering if the questions are actually of interest to non-Americans? I hope that doesn't sound too harsh!

I'm European-Canadian and I don't know much about US geography. My review, which is posted in the review forum, comes from a NON-US perspective. Each card comes with three questions and only one of those has to do with states and the card gives you a hint whether it is east or west of the Mississippi. There are multiple aspects to each card and you have to deal with them all each round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I'll go and read the review. I just gave in and bought it anyway!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Port Macquarie
NSW
flag msg tools
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick update for anybody who finds this thread asking a similar question: we're three plays into this and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Pop culture references such as recent TV shows are internationally known and other things like NBA we've obviously heard of and can have a guess at. I'm happy to have added it to Fauna and Terra on our shelves.

There was only one reference I'd not heard of in the 18 topics/cards (54 questions) we've played so far:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
a question about Johnny Appleseed on the Apple Pie card. We had never heard of him and don't see why we would have!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milena Guberinic
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Mina's Fresh Cardboard
mbmbmbmbmb
planetm wrote:
A quick update for anybody who finds this thread asking a similar question: we're three plays into this and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Pop culture references such as recent TV shows are internationally known and other things like NBA we've obviously heard of and can have a guess at. I'm happy to have added it to Fauna and Terra on our shelves.

There was only one reference I'd not heard of in the 18 topics/cards (54 questions) we've played so far:

a question about Johnny Appleseed on the Apple Pie card. We had never heard of him and don't see why we would have!

YAY!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder One Night Ultimate Werewolf now from www.beziergames.com
badge
One Night Ultimate Werewolf
mbmbmb
planetm wrote:

This is narrated by a non-American, oddly:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.