Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm totally surprised by this announcement. There was absolutely no way we could have predicted this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In seriousness, I am a little surprised the U-Wing is a large base ship, but i suppose the scale dictated such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
those adaptive ailerons look like a curse, the free boost is nice but being forced to use it each turn will be a pain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
those adaptive ailerons look like a curse, the free boost is nice but being forced to use it each turn will be a pain.

Then you can use the Dutchess pilot whose ability is that she can choose to ignore Adaptive Ailerons.

Anyway... Looking forward to learning more about these ships in upcoming articles. TIE Striker is definitely on my want list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would assume an ionized Striker would not trigger the ailerons, since it's not revealing a dial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of those times where I'm not sure if the wording on Adaptive Ailerons is bad, or the example in the article is wrong. The way I would read the upgrade card, you still would perform your regular maneuver after the white 1. It's described as having "high-speed wings" so it would make sense if it gets essentially an extra boost maneuver.

Edit: Hmmmm I think they fixed the example in the article from when it first went up. Either that or I misread it originally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
Donkler wrote:
This is one of those times where I'm not sure if the wording on Adaptive Ailerons is bad, or the example in the article is wrong. The way I would read the upgrade card, you still would perform your regular maneuver after the white 1. It's described as having "high-speed wings" so it would make sense if it gets essentially an extra boost maneuver.

Edit: Hmmmm I think they fixed the example in the article from when it first went up. Either that or I misread it originally.

Yeah, the example they posted originally had Adaptive Ailerons replace your maneuver, but they've fixed it now.

I'm excited to see the U-Wing as a cheap Rebel crew carrier. I think between this and HotR there's a lot of potential for crew cards to be the boost Rebels are looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm intrigued by the different Wing styles:

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Alves
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is probably the same card recto/verso.
Cool concept!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember seeing a recent thread where someone complained that FFG "abandoned" the idea of dual sided cards after Adaptability too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea behind the Pivot Wings. Even in landing mode, you aren't telegraphing your maneuver too much, since you can still be executing anything on your dial. Also pretty cool you don't have to decide to flip the 180 until you reveal your dial which could be useful if your PS is high enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I confess I'm a bit perturbed at the total lack of upgrade slots on the TIE Striker. Just an EPT on some of them? No turret, auxiliary fire arc, or crew upgrade slot to account for the second crew position it has.

Very bizarre. It makes that MASSIVE body on it seem...out of place. Like...it's not for crew (apparently), not for ordnance, obviously doesn't have a shield generator and likely no hyperdrive...why the heck is it so big??

IMHO, FFG missed on this one - per every other company's toys coming out, the TIE Striker is a multi-crew ship, so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Implication of interest from this one - FFG had indicated that, as of wave 10, all the factions should be in alignment with each other in ship counts.

Well they were, with wave 10 being one Rebel, one Imperial, and one Scum. But then we just got one more Imperial and one more Rebel, without another Scum.

Yet...SWX58 is still not announced.

Scum 'huge' ship confirmed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
I confess I'm a bit perturbed at the total lack of upgrade slots on the TIE Striker. Just an EPT on some of them? No turret, auxiliary fire arc, or crew upgrade slot to account for the second crew position it has.

Very bizarre. It makes that MASSIVE body on it seem...out of place. Like...it's not for crew (apparently), not for ordnance, obviously doesn't have a shield generator and likely no hyperdrive...why the heck is it so big??

IMHO, FFG missed on this one - per every other company's toys coming out, the TIE Striker is a multi-crew ship, so...

Gameplay > lore. A YT-1300 has room for more than two crew. An X-Wing has four cannons but only rolls 3 attack dice. I have no doubt FFG playtested with a crew slot of found that with everything else they wanted to do with the ship it didn't fit their idea for its role and point cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anevil giraffe
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
georgeofjungle3 wrote:
In seriousness, I am a little surprised the U-Wing is a large base ship, but i suppose the scale dictated such.

it's not a fighter, it's a troop carrier

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:

Extra-powerful engines? Personally, I am surprised by all of the stats except shields.

All of those options exist in different TIEs. This is a new take a freaky-fast and maneuverable, probably because Interceptors and Phantoms are almost always flown at high PS. It should have a low point cost, too.

PtL and Engine Upgrade on Duchess FTW! (Except against higher PS pilots, of course.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
I'm intrigued by the different Wing styles:

Basically they've given us a 180 pivot maneuver with the penalty spread over three turns (lower agility, no action, stress to be cleared). I think that I prefer it to D&D Attack Wing, although it is strange that you get your agility back while you a being a sitting duck.

Lots of unique crew on the U-Wing, but weird to include two Stealth Devices. Cassian Andor is going to be fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know why people aren't stoked about the Striker. if you use the ability to do a 1 bank, hard turn, and boost with a bank in the same direction you can do a complete u-turn without stress. Seems pretty rad. I bet the dial will be very good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Striker looks like a blast.

Put Hera on the U-Wing and you can just flip back and forth all you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Donkler wrote:
I don't know why people aren't stoked about the Striker. if you use the ability to do a 1 bank, hard turn, and boost with a bank in the same direction you can do a complete u-turn without stress. Seems pretty rad. I bet the dial will be very good.

Oh, I don't disagree - the thing looks like a TON of fun. That title...wow, that's...yeah.

This thing is going to be a blast to fly.

But...dat second crew, tho...

OWW, MY LORE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pilum pilum
France
flag msg tools
mb
FFG for president !

Who knows the Maneuver Log for these two ships ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Donkler wrote:

Also good attack and not too expensive (another "pocket ace" costed ship perhaps). I'm personally stoked about it anyway....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:

OWW, MY LORE!

U-Wing carries a pilot, copilot and a door gunner, sooo what's hurting your lore?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:
XanderF wrote:

OWW, MY LORE!

U-Wing carries a pilot, copilot and a door gunner, sooo what's hurting your lore?

The post was about the TIE Striker

Actually: scratch this. Looking at the LEGO kit, it appears the thing doesn't have a second crew, after all. The room in the back is called a "rear storage hold".

So...huh.

Guess we're not really missing anything here, after all. Aside from the weirdness of having no other upgrade slots but an EPT. Big hold back there, though - you'd think they could have fit a system upgrade in it or something...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.