Subject: Solutions for taking my own games to a convention (PAX)? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Lopez
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night, a friend invited me to PAX West on Sunday (they had an extra ticket when someone couldn't go). I have never been to any convention, and while I know PAX is more about video games, I'm not up on that scene and am excited to do some board gaming. I live in easy driving distance, but I'm curious what I should take to hold games if I want to take my own games to play there (or should I even bother with that?).

I have no idea what to expect or what kinds of games they will have in their open play area available for players to pick up and play, so I'm considering bringing a few of my own to try and find players. In particular, I have Scythe and Nippon that I'd like to take, since I imagine those either won't be there or will be very hard to get, and they are in my current top games list.

But, I don't know how to transport them. I usually just put games in reusable shopping bags for game nights, but that feels wrong in this case. However, a backpack won't work, and I don't know if wheeling a small carry-on-sized piece of luggage will be rude/inconvenient/inappropriate.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is apparently the list of games that will be there. Not sure if you need to bring anything.

https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/paxtt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lopez
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for that list! I did not know that was here (wouldn't even have known where to find it if I'd thought to look!). However, Scythe and Nippon are not on the list, and I really am itching for a chance to play those more. And most games only have one copy, which means availability might be rough. Thanks again though! It's nice to see what is available, and there are a couple of games I want to try that will be there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I found the link on reddit after doing a google search

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Welborn

Washington
msg tools
mb
There is a free playing area with a gaming library on the third floor of the olive 8 hotel near the convention. I don't know if the list Keith linked has the games you can check out on the list

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.