Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tammy Golden
United States
Newark
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello ladies! The 2016 Women & Gaming Holiday Exchange is now open for registration!

Here is the link: http://boardgamegeek.com/geekexchange/join/289

Although
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
has run the exchange in past years, she is unable to do it this year, so I volunteered to take over for her.

Registration will be closed on October 1, 2016 so that everyone can get their targets in plenty of time for Essen and BGG.CON. Please send your envelopes in time to arrive by the first of the year.

Not limited to only ladies, guys are welcome too. International participation is expected. This is an opportunity to get to know fellow forum members better and exchange an envelope with them.

Please send a padded envelope filled with any goodies to your intended target. Examples from past years include: postcards, letters describing hometowns, homemade items, foodstuffs from home country, recipes, games, games related gifts, magnets, keychains or knack knacks from local regions etc.

For those who have a tight budget but would love to still participate, it is ok to send pre-loved games or games which you had opened but never get to play and you think that your targets would love to have them (check their wish lists). One man's poison might be another man's meat right? So share the love by giving games which don't see much table time in your house to a better home. But please ensure that the games components are complete and not damaged.

To message your target anonymously, you can use the W&G Santa account:
W&G Santa
Finland
flag msg tools

user: WGSanta
Password: Santa

Have fun!

EDIT - Registration is now closed and targets have been assigned!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Open for Registration! - W&G Holiday Envelope Exchange 2016
Thank you for hosting, Tammy! I skipped last year's (and didn't get anything in my last exchange), but I've been seeing so many cool things that I want to give away to my super cool target. I've been waiting with anticipation this year.

Edit: Waiting not worrying. Well, you all know that I worry about it, too,but that's not what I meant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Swanner
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very new to the forums here on BGG but have heard from several different sources about the Women and Gaming forum. I am happy to be here and look forward to learning my way around the forum, as well as participating in this exchange. Thanks Tammy for hosting this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tammy Golden
United States
Newark
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kswanner70 wrote:
I am very new to the forums here on BGG but have heard from several different sources about the Women and Gaming forum. I am happy to be here and look forward to learning my way around the forum, as well as participating in this exchange. Thanks Tammy for hosting this!

Welcome to BGG and to the Women and Gaming forum, Katherine! I believe we interacted on Facebook on my post about the package I received from the mid-year exchange. If you have any questions about the exchange, feel free to ask!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Swanner
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Tammy! Yes that was me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
badge
"Compared to You, I'm just a nighlight, against the Blazing Son." --Jimmy Needham
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for hosting, Tammy, and welcome, Katherine!!

So excited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tammy Golden
United States
Newark
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bump
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonna, will you be able to create us a microbadge per usual, please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Swanner
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GoldenGirl wrote:
kswanner70 wrote:

Welcome to BGG and to the Women and Gaming forum, Katherine! I believe we interacted on Facebook on my post about the package I received from the mid-year exchange. If you have any questions about the exchange, feel free to ask!

When will I know that the exchange has moved to the next step? I am very excited to get started!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
anjulka wrote:
Jonna, will you be able to create us a microbadge per usual, please?

I haven't been doing microbadging for a while, but I will definitely look into this. If I can't make anything pretty enough happen, I do know a few people that I will ask from
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tammy Golden
United States
Newark
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kswanner70 wrote:
GoldenGirl wrote:
kswanner70 wrote:

When will I know that the exchange has moved to the next step? I am very excited to get started!!

I will post here to let everyone know when I close the exchange and targets have been assigned. If you subscribe to the thread, you'll get a notification whenever someone posts here, so you'll be sure to see it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know how to make a change to your entry to the GeekExchange after you've submitted? I feel like I was able to one other time, but I can't figure it out now. (I need to add a shipping condition thing.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caysi McQuillan
United States
Ft. Thomas
KY
flag msg tools
badge
"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars" - unknown
mbmbmbmbmb
anjulka wrote:
Does anyone know how to make a change to your entry to the GeekExchange after you've submitted? I feel like I was able to one other time, but I can't figure it out now. (I need to add a shipping condition thing.)

hover over my geek at the top of the page
click on geek exchanges
if you signed up it should be listed; click on it
at the top find the link "edit info"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
partangel wrote:
anjulka wrote:

hover over my geek at the top of the page
click on geek exchanges
if you signed up it should be listed; click on it
at the top find the link "edit info"

Ah, d'oh! Thank you. shake blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kymmie Meeple
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in again. This always such FUN.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why does it seem like there are fewer participants this year?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
badge
"Compared to You, I'm just a nighlight, against the Blazing Son." --Jimmy Needham
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe dozens have signed up, but they're just not chatting yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Tank
Canada
Milton
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Done and done, signed up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tammy Golden
United States
Newark
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fides wrote:
Maybe dozens have signed up, but they're just not chatting yet?

So far only 17 have signed up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tally C
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After waffling a bit, I signed up! Last year's holiday exchange was a mixed experience, but ended up being really great when all was said and done (it led me to meet Leanne, who's wonderful and amazing). So I overcame my "gifter's anxiety" and bit the bullet. Here's to a great exchange this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GoldenGirl wrote:

17 does sound low. Well, it's still going to be a ton of fun, right? and we still have a few weeks. I know I'm super excited!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Swanner
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fides wrote:
GoldenGirl wrote:

17 does sound low. Well, it's still going to be a ton of fun, right? and we still have a few weeks. I know I'm super excited!

This is my first one, I am nervous and excited! Is there a minimum limit? I may be asking lots of questions - I want my target to be happy!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tammy Golden
United States
Newark
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kswanner70 wrote:
fides wrote:
GoldenGirl wrote:

This is my first one, I am nervous and excited! Is there a minimum limit? I may be asking lots of questions - I want my target to be happy!!

No, there is no minimum limit. Price doesn't matter as it's just for fun. Some of the least expensive things can mean more than expensive items if a lot of thought and care is put into them. You can send new or pre-loved games, little knick knacks, food, pretty much anything you want. Don't feel like you have to go all out and spend tons of money to make your target happy. Once the targets are assigned, you can go to the profile of your target to check for information on what they like and dislike to help you out some.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want! I'm so glad that you're excited!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GoldenGirl wrote:
kswanner70 wrote:
fides wrote:
GoldenGirl wrote:

No, there is no minimum limit. Price doesn't matter as it's just for fun. Some of the least expensive things can mean more than expensive items if a lot of thought and care is put into them. You can send new or pre-loved games, little knick knacks, food, pretty much anything you want. Don't feel like you have to go all out and spend tons of money to make your target happy. Once the targets are assigned, you can go to the profile of your target to check for information on what they like and dislike to help you out some.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want! I'm so glad that you're excited!

The original exchange was meant to truly be just an envelope, as I understand. So recipes, postcards, etc, are allowed. Hand crafted items are super spiffy. W&Gers are so generous that it's grown, but anyone in this just to get something big is in the wrong place.

You can get some ideas of previous holiday exchanges at these GLs:
W&G's envelope exchange 2015 received list
W&G Envelope Exchange 2014 - goodies received!
Women and Gaming Forum Holiday Exchange
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I joined, so you have one more participant

I've been so busy lately that I almost missed the exchange! Phew!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.