Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Cauble
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have any additional details around the recent discovery (at least for me) of a reprint being done on this game? I.e. what is included, release timing, what is being updated/changed, etc. the usual suspects when it comes to a reprint and questions to be asked. New pictures of the components, map, counters, etc. would be great. Is it merely a boxed upgrade to the fan/John created 4th edition? That is nice too, just checking.

ONE SMALL STEP is doing the reprint for those wanting in on it. Here is the link:

http://ossgamescart.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPa...

No details on the site yet and this same question was asked in the CSW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Campbell, Jr.
United States
Haymarket
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bump
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...ongoing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my good wife conquering a Shopping Mall.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Some details up on the site:

http://ossgamescart.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPa...

Jim

Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Carlson
United States
South Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
W&P was one of my earliest wargame purchases and I still love the game despite its imperfections.

I pre-ordered the OSS reprint last year. So, as of today BGG stats page show there are 2090 'owners' and 905 'raters' of W&P. Surely we can get 95 more pre-orders to get this reprinted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H.M. Woggle-Bug, T.E.
msg tools
Royal College of Arts and Athletic perfection
badge
Inventor of Knowledge Pills
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! This was my first wargame and got my into the "hobby". More info please...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Vandine
United States
Weaverville
California
flag msg tools
Well, I did my part -- ordered two copies of the game. Only 73 more to go before it goes to print. Anybody want to pile on and get this thing out of "pre-production" status?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Levinski
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The lands around my dwelling are more beautiful from the day when it is given to me to see faces I have never seen before. All is more beautiful, all is more beautiful and life is thankfulness. These guests of mine make my house grand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...would love to pre-order but it looks like no multi player/campaign options?
Looking for something simpler than Empires in Arms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The multiplayer Grand Campaign Game is expected to be part of the final package.

--JokerRulez
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance we could see some counter art samples? Also, 1/2" or 5/8" counters? I own and enjoy the original, but I'm intrigued by this update. The original game's graphic presentation was rather bland, and if this one is properly upgraded it might push me over the top to buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Levinski
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The lands around my dwelling are more beautiful from the day when it is given to me to see faces I have never seen before. All is more beautiful, all is more beautiful and life is thankfulness. These guests of mine make my house grand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that makes it way more appealing...might have to get on board for this one. Yes, some images of components would be fantastic!
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to see interest in this product. However it is still very early stages.

Sorry.

Haven't finalized my role in this yet beyond a tentative agreement.

I have no news on this beyond the tentative release date of "next year". Just be sure to follow One Small Step Games and you'll see news as it is released.

Shout out to ainataqe Rich Levinski for the gg. Very kind of you.

Patience is the operative word folks.

--JokerRulez
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A proper upgrade and update?

desertfox2004 wrote:
Any chance we could see some counter art samples? Also, 1/2" or 5/8" counters? I own and enjoy the original, but I'm intrigued by this update. The original game's graphic presentation was rather bland, and if this one is properly upgraded it might push me over the top to buy it.

Wouldn't be worth the effort not to properly upgrade much more than just the artistic presentation.

--JokerRulez
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JokerRulez wrote:
A proper upgrade and update?

desertfox2004 wrote:

Wouldn't be worth the effort not to properly upgrade much more than just the artistic presentation.

--JokerRulez

Well, my assumption was that of course the rules would be addressed in any update. Call me shallow but I place nearly as much importance on graphic presentation as rules content in any game. This is especially so for a game on the Napoleonic era, which we all associate with pomp and grandeur on the battlefield!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hear ya.

Aesthetic value is important. I place a premium on it as well.

Expectation is this will be a huge but not a revolutionary update covering all aspects of the package. Still TBD though.

--JokerRulez
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.