$60.00
$20.00
J.D. Hall
msg tools
J.F.Christ but I am glad football season is finally here. My Sooners look good, my Raiders will probably still suck, but I don't care!

Off for a loooonnnggg weekend.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
J.F.Christ but I am glad football season is finally here. My Sooners look good, my Raiders will probably still suck, but I don't care!

Off for a loooonnnggg weekend.


Nooooooooooooo not another Raider fan. Ugh, you idiots are like cockroaches.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:
J.F.Christ but I am glad football season is finally here. My Sooners look good, my Raiders will probably still suck, but I don't care!

Off for a loooonnnggg weekend.


Nooooooooooooo not another Raider fan. Ugh, you idiots are like cockroaches.


Local obligation for me. *waves the tiny Raiders flag*
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Me nah play no 'ide and seek
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wow, I just assumed that we wouldn't be ranked, but Nebraska squeaked in at #25. Wooo! laugh
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Football started two weeks ago, unless you are in the USA for which it ends in October.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
Football started two weeks ago, unless you are in the USA for which it ends in October.


Looking at your micros, it ended looooooong before that for you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
Altair IV wrote:
Football started two weeks ago, unless you are in the USA for which it ends in October.


Looking at your micros, it ended looooooong before that for you.



2009

...but I still go to about 2 games a year.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
Altair IV wrote:
Football started two weeks ago, unless you are in the USA for which it ends in October.


Looking at your micros, it ended looooooong before that for you.



2009

...but I still go to about 2 games a year.


Chicago Fire... bottom of the table. The season was over in May.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
bjlillo wrote:
I was until Teddy Bridgewater's knee exploded. Now my team is looking at a QB situation that is even less desirable than our two major presidential candidates.


http://www.inforum.com/sports/4105902-could-colin-kaepernick...

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The Cincinnati Reds beat the St. Louis Cardinals tonight. No football game is better than that!

It's still Summer. Shouldn't football start in Autumn?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty "meh" on football, especially the NFL. But if it keeps my in-laws from talking about how great Trump is and how Clinton is a puppy-murderer, then I'm all for it! (as long as I can bring my Kindle.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sums it up nicely for me. Works for american football or European:

1 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
I was until Teddy Bridgewater's knee exploded. Now my team is looking at a QB situation that is even less desirable than our two major presidential candidates.


Hey, at least you know the Vikings will have a good QB next year. Others traded 6 early picks for a number one pick that is only fit to be the 3rd stringer.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
Altair IV wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
Altair IV wrote:
Football started two weeks ago, unless you are in the USA for which it ends in October.


Looking at your micros, it ended looooooong before that for you.



2009

...but I still go to about 2 games a year.


Chicago Fire... bottom of the table. The season was over in May.


This season was over 7 years ago.

2009 we were one kick from the MLS Finals...we haven't been to the playoffs since.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T
United States
flag msg tools
The front-loading of major programs against each other on the first weekend is absurd. UH-OK? LSU-Wiscconsin? USC-Alabama? Notre Dame-Texas? To name just a few. Half of them are going to be knocked out of playoff contention right off the bat. Great television exposure, sure. But it weakens the NCAA argument that their playoff system truly ends up with the best team at the end of the season. I'd rather these teams play each other at their best.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brickmaster wrote:
The front-loading of major programs against each other on the first weekend is absurd. UH-OK? LSU-Wiscconsin? USC-Alabama? Notre Dame-Texas? To name just a few. Half of them are going to be knocked out of playoff contention right off the bat. Great television exposure, sure. But it weakens the NCAA argument that their playoff system truly ends up with the best team at the end of the season. I'd rather these teams play each other at their best.


Maybe under the old system. But with the playoff format, a team can lose an early game against a top contender, win their conference finishing with just one loss, and still get into that final four playoff scenario.

In the current landscape, your resume matters a lot more than it used to. Get those big wins early and let that shoot you to the top of the polls. It's a lot harder to slip down after a mediocre win than it is to fall after a close loss. And climbs in the polls are much easier earlier in the season when people's opinions of teams are more malleable.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Van Horn
United States
Othello
Washington
flag msg tools
I admit it, I killed her, I killed Yvette. I hated her so much
badge
Flames...flames on the side of my face...breathing...breathle...heaving breathes
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
Brickmaster wrote:
The front-loading of major programs against each other on the first weekend is absurd. UH-OK? LSU-Wiscconsin? USC-Alabama? Notre Dame-Texas? To name just a few. Half of them are going to be knocked out of playoff contention right off the bat. Great television exposure, sure. But it weakens the NCAA argument that their playoff system truly ends up with the best team at the end of the season. I'd rather these teams play each other at their best.


Maybe under the old system. But with the playoff format, a team can lose an early game against a top contender, win their conference finishing with just one loss, and still get into that final four playoff scenario.

In the current landscape, your resume matters a lot more than it used to. Get those big wins early and let that shoot you to the top of the polls. It's a lot harder to slip down after a mediocre win than it is to fall after a close loss. And climbs in the polls are much easier earlier in the season when people's opinions of teams are more malleable.


16-32 team playoff is what they should really do, go back to the old cap of 11 games, finish the regular season a little early and seed a playoff.

Every other division of NCAA runs a playoff, no reason we couldn't do it with the big boys.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
GuidoVanHorn wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
Brickmaster wrote:
The front-loading of major programs against each other on the first weekend is absurd. UH-OK? LSU-Wiscconsin? USC-Alabama? Notre Dame-Texas? To name just a few. Half of them are going to be knocked out of playoff contention right off the bat. Great television exposure, sure. But it weakens the NCAA argument that their playoff system truly ends up with the best team at the end of the season. I'd rather these teams play each other at their best.


Maybe under the old system. But with the playoff format, a team can lose an early game against a top contender, win their conference finishing with just one loss, and still get into that final four playoff scenario.

In the current landscape, your resume matters a lot more than it used to. Get those big wins early and let that shoot you to the top of the polls. It's a lot harder to slip down after a mediocre win than it is to fall after a close loss. And climbs in the polls are much easier earlier in the season when people's opinions of teams are more malleable.


16-32 team playoff is what they should really do, go back to the old cap of 11 games, finish the regular season a little early and seed a playoff.

Every other division of NCAA runs a playoff, no reason we couldn't do it with the big boys.

Okay, here's my crazy idea:

There are 127+ teams playing D-1 football. That's insane.

Trim it down to 64 teams (pretty much covers the Big 12, Big 10, ACC, SEC, and Pac-12). Divide them into four 16-team conferences. Each conference plays a conference championship game. Winners automatically qualify for playoffs. Four other teams are picked on the basis of win-loss record, strength of schedule, and conference finish.

Eight teams do into the playoffs, starting a week after the regular season ends. New Year's Day championship game. Christmas Day semi-finals.

Great games this weekend, even if my Sooner defense decided to take a lunch break on every freaking third and long.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
As I Detroit Lions fan I'm looking forward to another season of disappointment. WMU on the other hand... http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2016/09/western_michi...

AND they beat Northwestern! Going to see my niece march in WMU's band on Saturday.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
AND they beat Northwestern! Going to see my niece march in WMU's band on Saturday.


I am a Northwestern fan and assume everyone should beat Northwestern. Northwestern needs to lobby the NCAA to add in a math test of all players and factor that into the game as a way to level the playing field.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
WMU is a much smaller school ya buzz killer! GrrrrRR!!! angry laugh

WMU is expected to win it's division and go to a "real" bowl game.

Who's the OTHER fan. Ba-doomp CHA!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Caldwell
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LET'S GO DOLPHINS!!!

Ummm... *tap* *tap* I need another fantasy draft fix.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
jeremycobert wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:
J.F.Christ but I am glad football season is finally here. My Sooners look good, my Raiders will probably still suck, but I don't care!

Off for a loooonnnggg weekend.


Nooooooooooooo not another Raider fan. Ugh, you idiots are like cockroaches.

Just win, baby, just win!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.