Subject: Boogie Dance rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Boogie Woogie evolution card titled "Boogie Dance" states the following: "When you roll any four-of-a-kind, either gain 1 energy or heal 1 damage."

Had a discussion about this recently during a game. Does this mean at the end of my 3 rolls if I have 4-of-a-kind, or does this mean any time 4-of-a-kind happens to come up whenever I roll the dice even if I choose to reroll those 4-of-a-kind dice that came up?

For example, suppose my first roll the dice come up as: 1-1-1-1-3-3. Do I get 1 energy right then and there because I rolled four 1's?

Then for my next roll, I keep the 3-3 and reroll the four 1's and they come up as: 3-3-3-3. Do I again get another 1 energy because I rolled another four-of-a-kind?

And then for my final roll, I reroll three 3's and they come up as 3-3-3 again and even though this final roll completes my set giving me a four-of-a-kind, since I only rolled 3 dice, I do not collect my bonus?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interim dice results are never applied. You only ever "spend" the final result after three rolls, or earlier if you decide to finish earlier. This just lets you use four like dice to gain energy or heal as well as for whatever else you would have used them for anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, thanks. I was thinking that was the case however my opponent's argument for the case I described seemed to hold water since it was the more literal interpretation of the card as written ("when you roll four-of-a-kind").

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randyd42 wrote:
ok, thanks. I was thinking that was the case however my opponent's argument for the case I described seemed to hold water since it was the more literal interpretation of the card as written ("when you roll four-of-a-kind").

From an official source:
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/23074196#23074196
Mattintheweb wrote:

But let me clear this out for you: anytime a card says "if you roll" and nothing else about rerolling, it means "if after you're done rolling and rerolling your dice…".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
Interim dice results are never applied. You only ever "spend" the final result after three rolls, or earlier if you decide to finish earlier. This just lets you use four like dice to gain energy or heal as well as for whatever else you would have used them for anyway.

This.

Oh but wait. New York Power Up has at least one card that goes against this rule.

Well, it is designed by the inventor of Magic, a game where no rule is sacred!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.