Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Chua
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all

So I backed the Kickstarter to receive all three games in this series and started to punch out The Band of Brothers game.

I noticed the revised counters on the countersheets for both Texas Arrows and Screaming Eagles.

My question is, what to do with these since I got the latest printing of these three games? These are included here in case anyone had an older copy of said games, correct?

In short, I just now have doubles of these counters and should not need to swap them out for the ones in Texas Arrows and Screaming Eagles? (I have yet to open the shrink on those as I want to play Band of Brothers first).

Thanks for the reply!

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
My question is, what to do with these since I got the latest printing of these three games? These are included here in case anyone had an older copy of said games, correct?

Correct. Texas Arrows includes an extra cardstock map and two counter sheets that are also in the new version of Screaming Eagles. These are included in this printing so that someone who purchased the first printing of SE can have a complete game with counters that have the updated Prof system. We wanted to be kind to our early adopters.

For someone who got all three games in the latest KS, the cardstock map and the two duplicate counter sheets are not needed. However, there is a third counter sheet in TA that you will need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Skinner
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I put all the extras in with the original. I don't know why, since I probably won't play really big games. But I do like having them all together.

I sold my older SE and GP games (for not much) to someone. I could have looked up his address and sent the revised counters to him. But there's something about having them all punched, clipped and together.

It does mean my storage is a little more full than it needs to be.

andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ekberg
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wanna sell me those duplicates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud de Peretti
France
flag msg tools
The new counters replace only infantry or do they replace artillery, guns and vehicles too?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oberon Sexton
United States
USA
flag msg tools
Is it possible to buy the updated counter sheets seperately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The new counters replace only infantry or do they replace artillery, guns and vehicles too?

The bonus counter sheets are complete sheets for Screaming Eagles. The first printing had only one and a half counter sheets, but the days of partial counter sheets are over for BoB so we got a full 2 counter sheets in SE this time. The difference between this printing and the first:

- The infantry counters are updated with the new Proficiency system.
- Dedicated decoy counters are included.
- Some extra counters were thrown on the sheet for various bonus scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Is it possible to buy the updated counter sheets seperately?

I don't know if they will be available separately at Worthington, but I'm not sure that matters. There are enough people who have purchased all three games in this Kickstarter that you probably will be able to find someone willing to part with their extra set.

Honestly, you should just buy Texas Arrows when it goes up on sale (should be this coming week). The extra set comes with the game and you will get some awesome, varied scenarios, updated rules, updated PAC, etc. We designed TA specifically with you in mind.

I checked with WG and the reason they don't have the game listed yet is out of respect to the KS backers. Now that all the KS games have been shipped, you will be able to pick it up shortly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim.

I assume just counter sheets #2 & #3 in TA are the duplicates?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The ones in TA without the first line US troops are duplicates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
colmmccarthy wrote:
Jim.

Thanks

Yes, the two that say "Texas Arrows - Screaming Eagles Revised Counters".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joshaubry wrote:
colmmccarthy wrote:
Jim.

Thanks

Yes, the two that say "Texas Arrows - Screaming Eagles Revised Counters".

Yeah, but it was the "+ bonus counters" on sheet #3 that was throwing me off, and I'd already punched and tossed the SE countersheets. I'd since found a thread in the TA forums that confirmed sheets #2 & #3 were also in the SE box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which counters on that last sheet are official SE counters, and which are "bonus" counters? Obviously, the Soviet counters are the latter. What about the US and German units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
mbmbmbmbmb
DJ Kuul A wrote:
Which counters on that last sheet are official SE counters, and which are "bonus" counters? Obviously, the Soviet counters are the latter. What about the US and German units?

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23528597#23528597

I wrote:
The bonus counters are:

1x US Parachute Mortar WT 8/6
9x US Parachute Decoy 6/5
2x US M4A3 (105)

2x German First Line 5/3
3x German Second Line 4/1
1x German Machine Gun WT 7/5
8x German First Line Decoy 5/3
2x German Marder IIIH
2x German PzIIIN
3x German PzIVH
2x German JU87G

4x Russian Churchill IV
2x Russian SU-76
2x Russian SU-122
2x Russian T34M43
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peel
United Kingdom
Northampton
flag msg tools
I have just opened my copy which i bought yesterday to find that the troop counter sheet reverse side (the side that was touching the sheet below) has had the reverse side graphics in part pulled off or damaged, presumably because it was partly stuck to the sheet below.

About 10 or so counters are therefore damaged on the reverse side. I will contact worthington and see if i can get a replacement. I hope so

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.