$20.00
$15.00
$5.00
$30.00
Byron Campbell
United States
Valencia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The text on smuggle wobble headed geisha dolls side job is a bit confusing. It looks like it's intended as cute flavor, and the card is essentially just saying to pay 6 recruit to complete it, but I can also imagine the designers intending you to "wobble" the card (e.g. by tilting it left and right) on successive turns. Which is correct?

Also, any advice on how to beat Serenity Part 1 if the big iav ship is the first card out of the deck? This has happened twice in a row (my first two games) and it has been an insurmountable obstacle both times. There's no way to generate 10 attack in the first few rounds, so once it makes it into the strike zone it just sits there giving you a ship strike each turn, and its ability also makes the grunt ships harder to eliminate.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't force you to use separate turns (unlike other cards), so you can do it all at once if you want.

As for the situation you ran into, one thing I'd say is you want to hope to be aggressively scanning so it doesn't get pushed into the Combat Zone. Once it arrives, it's going to be a huge nuisance, but remember that every time you manage to scan Events or Salvage cards, they will leave a gap giving you an extra turn before the big ship gets pushed into the Combat Zone.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor S.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
The text on smuggle wobble headed geisha dolls side job is a bit confusing. It looks like it's intended as cute flavor, and the card is essentially just saying to pay 6 recruit to complete it, but I can also imagine the designers intending you to "wobble" the card (e.g. by tilting it left and right) on successive turns. Which is correct?

Also, any advice on how to beat Serenity Part 1 if the big iav ship is the first card out of the deck? This has happened twice in a row (my first two games) and it has been an insurmountable obstacle both times. There's no way to generate 10 attack in the first few rounds, so once it makes it into the strike zone it just sits there giving you a ship strike each turn, and its ability also makes the grunt ships harder to eliminate.


The wobble effect is just so you can track how much you've paid.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
saint1012 wrote:
The wobble effect is just so you can track how much you've paid.

I'd say it is more of a fun thematic gimmick that has a side benefit of keeping track of how much is paid toward it
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Valencia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
saint1012 wrote:
The wobble effect is just so you can track how much you've paid.

I'd say it is more of a fun thematic gimmick that has a side benefit of keeping track of how much is paid toward it


I guess I was reading it completely wrong, then! I thought it had to be done all at once. That makes it much easier (and I have something to do with the 2 recruit this turn)!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.