Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Infi
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
The base game is hugely popular but this expansion doesn't seem so, despite very favorable reviews. Any reason in particular?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Let us go out this evening for pleasure; the night is still young."
badge
STOP! WHOSE TURN IS IT NEXT?
mbmbmbmbmb
I have it but haven't played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandy Benanav
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the expansion but I can say my personal experience with Flick 'em Up is that I enjoy it but have difficulty getting it to the table. I bought it on the assumption that it would work well as a big group game, but ended up really disliking it with more than 4 players. It's also been pretty hit and miss with our group (pun not intended). The included scenarios are pretty bad, so it needs some fussing with to get the fun out of it. The rules for movement / shots / etc. are also a little wonky and unintuitive, which has lead to some people just not liking the game at all (thinking of being able to block doorways with dead cowboys, hitting something counting as missed movement, and the infamous "no thumb" rule here).

There was a thread recently on r/boardgames where a bunch of people shared similar experiences. I wonder if a sufficient number of people just found the game to not fill the niche they thought it would.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheesechick wrote:
I don't have the expansion but I can say my personal experience with Flick 'em Up is that I enjoy it but have difficulty getting it to the table. I bought it on the assumption that it would work well as a big group game, but ended up really disliking it with more than 4 players. It's also been pretty hit and miss with our group (pun not intended). The included scenarios are pretty bad, so it needs some fussing with to get the fun out of it. The rules for movement / shots / etc. are also a little wonky and unintuitive, which has lead to some people just not liking the game at all (thinking of being able to block doorways with dead cowboys, hitting something counting as missed movement, and the infamous "no thumb" rule here).

There was a thread recently on r/boardgames where a bunch of people shared similar experiences. I wonder if a sufficient number of people just found the game to not fill the niche they thought it would.

Yeah. All of this. Oh well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.