13 Posts

Magic: The Gathering – Arena of the Planeswalkers» Forums » General

Subject: Creatures You Would Like To See rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Recently got into this game, and I'm loving it. I think there's a ton of potential in this game, and with all respect to the Dice Tower, I really hope their wrong- I'm rooting for this game to live on for a while.

I absolutely love how sorceries and enchantments have been adapted from the card game, but I'm most interested in seeing new planewsalkers and creatures. MTG has a ton of creatures in its lore, and here are a few that I think are iconic, interesting, or distinct enough from what we already have to warrant their inclusion.

White
White Knight
Savannah Lions
Gerard Capshen

Green
Troll Ascetic
Craw Wurm
Yasova Dragon Claw

Blue
Sea Drake
Vexing Sphinx
Meloku the Clouded Mirror

Red
Spark Elemental
Shivan Dragon
Akroma, Angel of Fury

Black

Vampire Nighthawk
Phrexian Obliterator
Nightmare

Multi-Color
Psychatog
Loxodon Hierarch
Doran, the Siege Tower

Colorless
Ichorclaw Myr
Wurmcoil Engine
Thopter Assembly

Planeswalker

Garruk, Apex Hunter
Karn the Liberated
Ajani Vengeant

What creatures would you like to see?
Edit: I originally had pics in here, but they were too small. Sorry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like a lot of your list. A lot of old school classics. I want to see planeswalkers like Urza and Mishra.

Serra angels, Sengir vampires, merfolk, wurms, goblins, dragons, angels, wizards, healers, faeries, spiderz, demons,

I think it would be cool if walls were introduced.

I feel the recent set was a bit too themed and niched.
I would like more generic creatures for each type that could fit in a more classic fantasy world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, SOI introduced some pretty cool creatures, but I think it was a little dark across the board- in fact, giving us cultists for black just seems like a strange move, seems like a few steps down on the "supernatural gothic horror" ladder than black deserved for Innistrad, particularly when other colors got geists, vampires, and werewolves.

edit: Avacyn's a beauty, though.

I like your suggestions- It's cool that Arena seems to be trying to give us stuff relavent to recent sets, but I wouldn't mind some more iconic creatures like Serra Angels, dragons, etc.

Urza and Mishra would be fantastic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:
Yeah, SOI introduced some pretty cool creatures, but I think it was a little dark across the board- in fact, giving us cultists for black just seems like a strange move, seems like a few steps down on the "supernatural gothic horror" ladder than black deserved for Innistrad, particularly when other colors got geists, vampires, and werewolves.

I like your suggestions- It's cool that Arena seems to be trying to give us stuff relavent to recent sets, but I wouldn't mind some more iconic creatures like Serra Angels, dragons, etc.

Probably because the base game already has Zombie that get pumped by Liliana and having more would have unbalanced the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Syvanis wrote:
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:

Probably because the base game already has Zombie that get pumped by Liliana and having more would have unbalanced the game.

True, zombies already have a pretty big presence in the game, and black got vampires with Zendikar. There are just a lot of other darker Black cards I'd have thought might fit better with the dark Innistrad tone- liches, nightmares, skeletons, demons, witches etc. But whatevs, cultists aren't bad.

Regarding that, though, I wouldn't mind seeing less dark/paranormal black types in future releases- assassins, for instance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who likes 5 color decks, I would love to see any of the Elder Dragons or Slivers. Any of the Hydras would be cool to see as well.

They already introduced the Eldrazi with the smaller expansion. There is a lot that they could expand on them as well.

Oh and of course, Nicol Bolas for a new plainswalker!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some of my picks...

Squad Creatures:
Centaurs (green or white)
Clerics (white)
Dryads (green)
Faeries (blue)
Griffins (white)
Hags (black)
Kithkins (white)
Kitsune (white)
Merfolk (blue)
Minotaurs (red)
Nagas (blue or black)
Oozes (green)
Ratfolk (black)
Satyrs (red or green)
Shades (black)
Skeletons (black)
Spiders (green)
Vedalkens (blue)

Hero Creatures:
Dragon Hero
Gorgon Hero
Hydra Hero
Kraken Hero
Sphinx Hero
Troll Hero
Wurm Hero

Planeswalkers:
Ashiok
Kaya
Ral Zarek
Tezzeret
Tibalt
Venser
Vraska

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marro
Soulborgs
Ninjas
Samurai
Medieval knights
Roman soldiers

...are some of my favorites.

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Pressnell
United States
Tuscaloosa
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OverEngineered wrote:
Marro
Soulborgs
Ninjas
Samurai
Medieval knights
Roman soldiers

...are some of my favorites.

whistle

I'm pretty sure the thread is supposed to be about new creatures, not what's already in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Harris
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love for a sliver set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Slivers would be interesting. I'm not sure how effectively they could stack, as you're only likely to get 2-3 squads out per game, but maybe they could use the more oldschool sliver rules where each sliver on the battlefield builds the others up, regardless of owner. That could make team battles pretty interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Harris
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:
Slivers would be interesting. I'm not sure how effectively they could stack, as you're only likely to get 2-3 squads out per game, but maybe they could use the more oldschool sliver rules where each sliver on the battlefield builds the others up, regardless of owner. That could make team battles pretty interesting.

Yeah, each sliver has the same ability as all other slivers. I'd treat them as colorless squad, meaning anyone can get them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrel McLaughlin
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really want Tezzeret and some artifact creatures. Maybe we'll get them when they do the Kaladesh expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.