Subject: Ranking of the Sins rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aron Perez
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
I own The Others and have played with just the base game. I also have the other 5 Sins as well but haven't opened them. I plan on opening them one-by one and using each one on a different game night each.

So right now I'm looking for some feedback. How would you rank the Sins in terms of strength when you take into account their "global" effect and their deck. Is there a Sin that feels more powerful than the others?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Jameson
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like not enough people have played enough games to make a good call on the topic! I've only used Pride and Sloth so far myself (although I have all 7). I believe quite a few backers in the US still don't have copies, and Europe has just been dealt another blow with shipping issues.

Worth noting that the sin decks have a few cards that are common to each deck (maybe 4-5 cards?). Different sins will also be more effective depending on the chosen story mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gluttony is our favorite so far. We've played with Sloth, Wrath, Pride and Gluttony so far. Looking at the remaining 3 Sins, I think Gluttony is going to come out on top easily. The ability is great, and it has a bunch of really good cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Borachobean wrote:
I own The Others and have played with just the base game. I also have the other 5 Sins as well but haven't opened them. I plan on opening them one-by one and using each one on a different game night each.

So right now I'm looking for some feedback. How would you rank the Sins in terms of strength when you take into account their "global" effect and their deck. Is there a Sin that feels more powerful than the others?

I think wrath and gluttony are very strong, and might be the best. Sloth would be number 1, if the heroes didn't have to attack first to get marked

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Damm
msg tools
I have played against all 7 sins and Gluttony is the one that I fear the most.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Bellmore
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As others (no pun intended) have said, it's probably too early to tell. For example, I played a game on Saturday against Wrath and his power was used amazingly effectively. I was Envy in another game and people really didn't like being subject to his ability.

Gluttony does feel the strongest just from reading the rules, but I haven't tried it yet. After the heroes get geared the ability could maybe be marginalized. Again I haven't played it so I'm not sure.

Time will tell, but possibly different stories/maps will effect the rankings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem I had with Gluttony was the cards. I never wanted to use many because they gave the heroes upgrades, extra actions, etc. Sure the sin may get something out of it, but I felt I didn't want the heroes to get too many upgrades.

I think with the rankings you have to look at decks as well as abilities. I don't think Greed's ability is that great but the deck at a glance seems pretty darn good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would be nice to see someone do a full on poll much like a fan did with Scythe and Cthulhu Wars.

Brief poll of which Sin was used, which mission and which Acolytes and then which side won. Start getting an aggregate number if one wins more often than the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.