Hide
1 Posts

The Road Runner Game» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Board Games and Baseball Review: The Road Runner Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josiah Shanks
msg tools
Most of my game collection has a number of reviews on Board Game Geek and ranks relatively high on the Board Game Geek rankings because I am always afraid of purchasing games that are terrible or ones that I won't like. There are very few exceptions to this. Amanda bought a game at a garage sale for $0.50 and it was the 1960's mass market game - The Roadrunner Game. There are only 4 ratings currently on Board Game Geek and many people seem to not own it (at least not adding it to their collection on the Geek). Wile E. Coyote and Roadrunner is my favorite cartoon even if it's a parody of the chase cartoon trope that has been around for years prior to Roadrunner showing up.

Type of game: Simultaneous action selection

Number of players: 3-9

Complexity: Low, 5, (1-100, 50 is average)

Time: 10 minutes or less

How to play: This game is a Spoons variant and plays as such. The setup of the game is to take the cards with digits equal to the number of players you are playing with. If you are playing with 4 players, for instance, you take the cards numbered 1-4. Then you set out the roadrunner sticks equal to one less than the number of players you are playing with. If you are playing with 4 players, you would take three roadrunner sticks out and one coyote stick. You place these sticks out in the middle of the table. You can only have four cards in your hand at a time. Everyone takes their turns at the same time. You pass one card at a time to the next player. Your goal is to try and get four of a kind first. If you are the first player to get four of a kind of a number, you can grab the roadrunner stick first. Once one player takes the roadrunner stick, everyone can take the roadrunner sticks as quickly as possible. The player who ends up with the coyote stick gets a coyote token as a symbol of losing. Be careful, though, due to the frantic pace of play, you're likely to accidentally grab the coyote stick instead of a roadrunner stick.

Likes: It plays very quickly and is very quick to explain. While we were playing, we had a good time laughing and having fun. This game would be more similar to spoons, if you randomly decided to add a fork to the game of spoons. It could get really intense.

Dislikes: Cards aren't very well-made. Due to the quick nature of the game, the cards are easily bent.

Most similar game: Spoons
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.