Hide
23 Posts

Glorantha: The Gods War» Forums » General

Subject: Where is the CW Monster Pledge? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin
msg tools
I don't want TGW. I do want the monsters to expand my CW game. They sound like a great addition. Can we please get a pledge that only contains miniatures that will cross over into CW?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Mayville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just pledge 100 and select it in the pledge manager.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diederik D.
Belgium
Brasschaat
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are only 7 Control Cards and 7 Reward Tiles (9 of each if the stretch goals are reached) in the "Monsters" pack with the miniatures. I don't think it's worth it to create a box without these cards and tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wowie... nobody is ever truly happy with what is being offered are they?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't count on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
Ben, rock on! Although I think TGW is awesome, I also think the monster rules are really cool, since there's nothing that really does the same thing in Cthulhu Wars (apart from the Librarian, maybe).

I think Diederik meant "there's no point making a separate pledge level just for the monster pack" (and he's right, there's no point making a separate pledge for the Elder Races pack either, since they're add-ons, haha).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin
msg tools
So all I need to do is pledge $100 for the Monster pack and I'll get all things that cross over into Cthulhu?

Thanks - that makes sense
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inconmon wrote:
So all I need to do is pledge $100 for the Monster pack and I'll get all things that cross over into Cthulhu?

Thanks - that makes sense
Well, all the stuff that has currently been said to cross over. Supposedly more rules to allow more stuff to be used in CW are in the works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mohrfield
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
As I understand it, you pledge at the $1 level and then add $100 for the Monsters as and add-on, so it's $101 total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Mohrfield wrote:
As I understand it, you pledge at the $1 level and then add $100 for the Monsters as and add-on, so it's $101 total.
I'm pretty sure you back at the $1 level and just adjust it up to $100, no need to go to $101. Whatever you pledge will just be available to you in the pledge manager afterwards (of course you can also add more money at that point, but then it won't help towards the stretch goals)

In the pledge manager you get to decide what you actually want to buy with the money you pledged. So if you did pledge $101 you'd already have $1 to put towards shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diederik D.
Belgium
Brasschaat
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Mark Mohrfield wrote:
I'm pretty sure you back at the $1 level and just adjust it up to $100, no need to go to $101. Whatever you pledge will just be available to you in the pledge manager afterwards (of course you can also add more money at that point, but then it won't help towards the stretch goals)

In the pledge manager you get to decide what you actually want to buy with the money you pledged. So if you did pledge $101 you'd already have $1 to put towards shipping.

As far as I'm concerned, the $1 is for the empty pledge, so you will have to add $100 for a total of $101 if you want the Monster add-on. Not that a dollar is going to matter... But if you want to avoid the hassle of having to pay one extra dollar in the pledge manager, make sure you pledge $101 .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Mayville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The extra dollar is not nessessary.... but the more the better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Parviainen
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
The extra dollar goes towards paying the postage, so it won't be wasted anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Baumgartner
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColHammer wrote:
The extra dollar goes towards paying the postage, so it won't be wasted anyway.

Sure about that? In that case I could up my bid by the postage/tax amount to encourage further stretch goals, but from how I read the pledges, postage is not part of the pledges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Mayville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Postage is paid in the pledge manager, but any 'leftover' money in your account can be applied to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Parviainen
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
I wouldn't recommend putting in money for the postage during the kickstarter.

Sure, it helps reaching the stretch goals, but kickstarter takes 10% (or something like that) of your pledged amount as fees.

That means Petersen games gets only 90% of the money meant to pay the postage, so it cuts into their profits. And we don't want that, do we?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hammatt
United Kingdom
Camberley
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just add on the postage plus another 10% or so to cover KS's %. Sandy has said before that he's happy if backers want to do this. Then it counts towards the SGs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
As much as possible, try not to pay extra for shipping during the KS, but I understand the pull to unlock more SGs.

In any case, we will honor that you can just get any add-ons with a $1 pledge, but we weren't really offering that...until Sandy said you could do it. cry Sometimes he either doesn't know or forgets details like that - he's an absent minded professor that just designs his games, and wants to please people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin
msg tools
There is now rules for 9 monsters and additional 8 unit types labelled Allies with Hero quest abilities (spell books).

I've cancelled my pledge until there is clarification what needs backing to get all CWs content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clarified several days ago here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1632538/you-got-your-go...

(basically Monsters/Elder Races/Greater Gods, and also CW GOOS as monsters for GW)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hemulen wrote:
Clarified several days ago here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1632538/you-got-your-go...

(basically Monsters/Elder Races/Greater Gods, and also CW GOOS as monsters for GW)
And for anybody wondering which boxes those are in: Greater Gods are in the base game and in Empires, Monsters and Elder Races are in, well, Monsters and Elder Races

If you absolutely must have all of this then you'll need to buy everything but the buildings box, but most cost effective is probably to buy just the Monsters and Elder Races boxes (if you are absolutely, 100% sure that you don't want another game in addition to extra CW rules that is)

Also, just another $9k before another unit gets added to Elder Races

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The update with the rules for using Monsters and Elder Races just came out: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1816687860/cthulhu-wars...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Johnson
msg tools
hemulen wrote:
The update with the rules for using Monsters and Elder Races just came out: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1816687860/cthulhu-wars...

The Elder Races pdf appears to no longer exist. Anyone have access to it?
As for the Monsters one, it can be found here: http://petersengames.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/GodsWar_...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.