Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacer
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once a month there is open gaming at NESFA headquarters in Somerville. NESFA is the group that puts on the Boskone SF convention every year. The HQ is on Medford St iirc, just a block from Broadway in Magoun Sq.

You could probably find more info at NESFA.org

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How heavy or light are you looking for? There are plenty of groups in Cambridge.

Also check this site for an opinionated list. https://bostonboardgames.wordpress.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan B
msg tools
SirHawkins wrote:
Hey all,

Any gamers in the Somerville area?

Not sure if you're still looking for people, but I used to run a Meetup (www.meetup.com/MedfordMeeples) that would get together in the area (we started in Malden/Melrose/Medford, but migrated over to Somerville as well). The group has been in hibernation for a bit as my wife and I have been unable to host, but people are still getting together at Knight Moves and at each other's homes. We're hoping to pick back up soon. There are a few other active meetups that meet nearby like North Shore Gamers that might be good places to meet other gamers as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Bodah
United States
Melrose
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Melrose and would be happy to meet for something ad-hoc if you're ever interested. Just send me a PM

I've been to Felix's in Davis - he was very accommodating of new members. There's a small public group in Arlington that meets at the library which may still be there. I also tried a group at Knight Moves in Teele - small but fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom Goodsell
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hiimjosh wrote:
There's a small public group in Arlington that meets at the library which may still be there.

There was an monthly, official library game day at one point, but the library eventually killed it when it failed to get significant momentum. Is that what you're thinking of, or is there another group that has since started using the library?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tamm
United States
boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most Wednesday evenings the Greater Boston Cube Cartel meets from 7-10pm at the Porter Square Panera for heavier gaming. https://www.meetup.com/Greater-Boston-Cube-Cartel/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Bodah
United States
Melrose
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Galego wrote:
hiimjosh wrote:
There's a small public group in Arlington that meets at the library which may still be there.

There was an monthly, official library game day at one point, but the library eventually killed it when it failed to get significant momentum. Is that what you're thinking of, or is there another group that has since started using the library?

Sounds like the one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Faeth

Massachusetts
msg tools
Hey,

Let me know if you start to get together again. I play all sorts of game and will even be running a gaming group in Arlington for their Community Education Center.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hiimjosh wrote:

Sounds like the one

There's also an adult board game group at the Medford public library nearby that's been going for over a year now. We meet on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month, with a a small but consistent turnout of 5-10 folks each time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom Goodsell
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Belmont Library also ran a few game days. They don't have one in December, likely due to the holidays, but they have one on the calendar for Jan. 24th. It's billed as a "family game night", so probably a bit on the lighter side, but my wife is a regular and usually takes some interesting things from our collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.