Dungeons & Dragons: Temple of Elemental Evil Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Changing heros mid campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian M
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I'm excited to dip my toes into this world, my game should arrive this weekend. Question about the progressive campaign. What happens if I want to change hero's in the middle of the campaign (in between quests)? Are there rules to bring him up to speed in regards to the difficulty of the dungeon and his own stats? Are they temporary or permanent? Am I stuck using the same hero(s) for every single campaign? I can't imagine I will want to play the same barb or whatever every single game and changing it up to experience the other hero's sounds like part of the fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theres a rule i think its 200gp to spend for every mission missed.. with that you can buy a few upgrades
so if you jump in at mission 5 you have 1000gp..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Milarky wrote:
if you jump in at mission 5 you have 1000gp.
Which is what you need to level up (to level 2) so you'll probably want to do that. I don't see why you wouldn't want to keep the same hero you've been playing all along. That's kinda a big part of the whole "RPG" experience. However, I would recommend you "game-the-game" and make sure you dump all your unspent gold and unused items on another hero to give to the "new guy" so that they can have a little extra to start with.

P.S. Page 14, under Town Actions
Quote:
3. Trade Treasure Cards and/or GP.
You can barter with other players, exchanging Item Treasure cards for other Treasure cards or GP (gold pieces). Alternatively, you may give another player an Item Treasure card or gold pieces without receiving anything in return. You can only trade items and GP with Heroes that are participating in the adventure. For example, if no one has played the Fighter for 2 adventures, you can’t “borrow” the Fighter’s 400 GP. Even if you’re playing the Rogue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Jacobs
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Milarky wrote:
theres a rule i think its 200gp to spend for every mission missed.. with that you can buy a few upgrades
so if you jump in at mission 5 you have 1000gp..

you are correct! It's also on P 14.

If you're looking to change it up to see more of the heroes as the campaign goes on, I think you might find it more interesting to try this.

When you want to change out a hero, cash them out. If they were level 2, that's 1000g. Sell all their stuff for 300 each(except what you want to keep for the new hero), and trade in their advance tokens for the listed value.

Then just give that cash to the new hero and have them buy up what they can.

I think that will allow you to change out heroes without losing momentum in the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.