$15.00
$20.00
$5.00
Black Toad Games
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Seems like it's best to start with the ladies...we are the better hostesses, hehe. I have been hosting puzzle adventures at home for many years and have decided to try to make them available for others to host at home. Escape Room meets How to Host a Murder, maybe. My question is, would people would want to host such an event at home? Thanks for the feedback!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hollylala wrote:
Seems like it's best to start with the ladies...we are the better hostesses, hehe. I have been hosting puzzle adventures at home for many years and have decided to try to make them available for others to host at home. Escape Room meets How to Host a Murder, maybe. My question is, would people would want to host such an event at home? Thanks for the feedback!


Have you already found this?
Escape the Room: Mystery at the Stargazer's Manor
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Yes. But its quickly filling up. Its the new it thing and 4 companies have already jumped headfirst into it.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/211762/escape-room-board-...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mmmmm...delicious cheese coney...
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a lady, but I am a gaming host.

I will be first in line my group loves things like this.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Toad Games
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
stevelabny wrote:
Yes. But its quickly filling up. Its the new it thing and 4 companies have already jumped headfirst into it.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/211762/escape-room-board-...


Thanks for the reply....I've seen a few of these but what I've been working on is a bit different. What do you think of a game that required a bit more preparation from a Game Master, where teams move around the house to discover and solve puzzles which unlock other rooms? This is how we've played for years and I'm hoping there are people who would enjoy hosting this kind of event. Thoughts?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Toad Games
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
acedaryl1 wrote:
Not a lady, but I am a gaming host.

I will be first in line my group loves things like this.


Thanks for the reply! Would you be interested in testing? The website is BlackToadGames.com If you're still interested let talk! holly@occasionalgenius.com

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Barstow
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hollylala wrote:
stevelabny wrote:
Yes. But its quickly filling up. Its the new it thing and 4 companies have already jumped headfirst into it.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/211762/escape-room-board-...


Thanks for the reply....I've seen a few of these but what I've been working on is a bit different. What do you think of a game that required a bit more preparation from a Game Master, where teams move around the house to discover and solve puzzles which unlock other rooms? This is how we've played for years and I'm hoping there are people who would enjoy hosting this kind of event. Thoughts?


My church's young adults group asked me about doing an escape room, so I'm hosting one for them next month. It's our first time doing it, so I'm starting with one of the aforementioned "escape-room-in-a-box" games and then sprucing it up with some extra puzzles and legwork. Not sure if we're moving between rooms yet or not, but I'm considering it. This month is my "thinking" month . . . the actual planning starts in October. I think it's going to be a fantastic night!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Toad Games
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
godurmyall wrote:


My church's young adults group asked me about doing an escape room, so I'm hosting one for them next month. It's our first time doing it, so I'm starting with one of the aforementioned "escape-room-in-a-box" games and then sprucing it up with some extra puzzles and legwork. Not sure if we're moving between rooms yet or not, but I'm considering it. This month is my "thinking" month . . . the actual planning starts in October. I think it's going to be a fantastic night!


Sounds like a blast! We have a few tips for containers on our blog with more tutorials coming soon. I'd love to hear how it goes!

Holly
www.blacktoadgames.com
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
Hollylala wrote:
Thanks for the reply....I've seen a few of these but what I've been working on is a bit different. What do you think of a game that required a bit more preparation from a Game Master, where teams move around the house to discover and solve puzzles which unlock other rooms? This is how we've played for years and I'm hoping there are people who would enjoy hosting this kind of event. Thoughts?


That sounds pretty cool!

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like something that would work for those of us living in 1 bedroom apartments.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Toad Games
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
anjulka wrote:
Hollylala wrote:
Thanks for the reply....I've seen a few of these but what I've been working on is a bit different. What do you think of a game that required a bit more preparation from a Game Master, where teams move around the house to discover and solve puzzles which unlock other rooms? This is how we've played for years and I'm hoping there are people who would enjoy hosting this kind of event. Thoughts?


That sounds pretty cool!

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like something that would work for those of us living in 1 bedroom apartments.


hey Rose!

Totally will work for you! The instructions include options for smaller spaces. I better make sure I"m being clear about that. Thanks for your input!!

Holly
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.