Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Yasi
United States
Tewksbury
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's clear that a character must be standing on a table to activate Boast, but once that activation has happened, can the Boast be canceled?

The example given on page 10 of the manual has the Boasting character moving OFF of the table and being hit by a barrel, with the Boast remaining in effect after the barrel hit.

My assumption, therefore, is that the Boasting character does NOT have to remain on a table in order for the Boast effect to last for the full 6 time units.

Thematically, I assume this means that throughout the Boast period, the character just keeps trash-talking, etc. regardless of where it moves, what hits it, etc.

Am I missing something here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
The Fog of War! Available now!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to be on a table to Boast, but you don't have to stay there. It remains active for the duration.

Thematically you taunt everyone while you're on the table so they can hear you. And it takes a little while for them to forget.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so excited about this game

My copy is in the mail! Can't wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Yasi
United States
Tewksbury
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply Geoff. Love the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.