Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Schubert
United States
Port Republic
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does an elite unit ignore 1 hit per battle round or 1 hit for the entire battle? We played the later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Bauer
United States
Larned
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that you played it the correct way. It just ignores the first hit rolled against it. If in subsequent rounds it is hit again, that (those) hits are recorded against it. If, in a later turn of the game, it becomes involved in another battle, it would again be immune to the first hit during that battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kwasny
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I agree, I think you did it correctly. This is in the Q&A on the Command Post Games website:

If an elite is already spent, does it still absorb the first hit?

Yes, this is per combat. Not per round, per game or per hits taken. So if it starts a new combat as spent, the first hit is absorbed. The second hit would cause it to retreat and so on.

I think that is saying the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. H.
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I don't think that is correct.

If you re-read the quote you put in, it clearly states that an elite unit gets this attribute to ignore the first hit in EACH combat it participates in, not once per game.

Normal units have a "hit, retreat, hit (destroy)" while elite units are "hit (ignore), retreat, hit". They can still be destroyed, but it's much more difficult because an enemy unit must roll 6 hits over two combat actions to kill an elite unit. A normal unit only takes 3 hits to kill.

This effectively makes elites twice as hard to kill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Bauer
United States
Larned
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
m0rtaar wrote:

I don't think that is correct.

If you re-read the quote you put in, it clearly states that an elite unit gets this attribute to ignore the first hit in EACH combat it participates in, not once per game.

Yes, each Combat, but NOT each round of that Combat.

For example: In any particular Combat, during a turn, there might be several rounds. The elite unit ignores the first hit it receives in the combat. But if that particular combat is not resolved in the first round (in which the elite unit ignores a hit), and must therefore go to second round -- the elite unit would not be able to ignore the first hit it receives during that second round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.