Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Question for the Board:

After the base game sets what are the best Enemy expansions sets. Let's hear your opinion both in terms if miniature quality, and mechanics/gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Custodians of Targa with Targa Pylons Enemy Pack

This adds shooting and is easily integrated into Targa Theme.
Models look cool. The Pylons are better than the tokens (obviously).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I would say the Serpentmen of Jargono. The models are nicely detailed and are dangerous, challenging enemies. You also get the Serpentmen Shaman, a powerful magic user with his own deck of ranged spells and Juju trinkets. Finally, the set contains a number of additional Artifact and Jargono encounter cards, which add a lot to that Other World.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the Void enemy pack with the hounds and the sorcerers. They are tough and feel different from the other enemies. The undead outlaws are fun as well, but I don't have a lot of experience with them yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Lieberoth Wadum
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the guys who suggest otherworld themed enemies. That's a really nice way to get a more integrated experience and populate Targa + Jargono. I'd say serpent men if I had to pick between the two

That being said, the Scaffords and the Undead Outlaws really add to the frontier feel, and it's refreshing to get some ranged enemies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W B
msg tools
Any of the Deluxe expansions, because they not only add new enemies to the game, but also expand the encounter/artifact/gear decks. Also they add awesome enemies with epic threats and their own decks to make them more diverse.

It also depends on what you would like to expand

For the mines the Scafford Gang and the Undead Outlaws add a lot. The Masters of the Void is also a great addition.

For Jargono the Serpentmen and the Swampslugs.

For Targa the Custodians/Pylons enemy set and the Guardian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
What does the Scafford Gang include, besides an assortment of Chaos Mutant Cowboys?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W B
msg tools
6 gear cards, 6 mine encounter cards, 8 Hideous Mutation cards, 5 Scafford Lieutenant cards (extra enemy that guides the gang) and all of their threat cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'll add my voice to those saying "any deluxe pack".
Those give you the most bang for your buck.
As far as which deluxe pack, I'd say whichever looks coolest to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Caine
msg tools
Personally? The Scafford Gang. I read on the forums about integrating the Scafford Gang into Frontier Town missions, and they fit really well! Also I like the second Scafford Gang mission with all the traps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the responses, everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.