richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
hello,

since quite a while there is a very nice discussion on the german friedrich-forum (http://www.kook-bny.de/wbblite/thread.php?threadid=46&sid=0c...) about possible Russian strategies.

There are a lot of interesting ideas, very analytical. A very funny idea has been posted by Bernd_P some hours ago.

I have the great desire to translate it to English, and post it here.

Bernd_P says:

"I have another idea to this topic (as you see today I am in a big writing mood; I hope this will not be to my disadvantage during the next friedrich world championship!). I want to call this idea the "Green hell of Stralsund".

Suppose, Prussian general Heinrich starts the game marching against the Swedes. He has one army, that should be enough against the lousy Swedes. Ehrensvärd seems to frightend and withdraws to Malchin (clubs). In the same time the Russian start assaulting Dohna and Lehwaldt in clubs.

Turn 3: Heinrich attacks Ehrensvärd, this lousy guy. He plays one TC of clubs. Ehrensvärd responds with 1 TC of clubs. Heinrich plays another TC, and Ehrensvärd dies.

Turn 3: Ehrensvärd recruits 2 armies and re-enters at Stralsund.

Turn 4: Heinrich does not believe what he is seeing. This bastard is alive again! Attack! he plays 1 TC of clubs and Ehrensvärd dies.

Turn 4: The Russians are assaulting Dohna and Lehwaldt in clubs. Then, Sweden: Ehrensvärd immediately recruits 2 armies, re-enters at Stralsund again, and attacks heinrich again. Oh, this Ehrensvärd is a real pegged out dogcrippel (a real tricky bastard). Now, the chances that Prussia is worn down in clubs are quite high, since Sweden alone has pulled out 3 of the Prussian clubs'-TC. So Heinrich will die in the "Green hell of Stralsund" due to the army-difference of -1."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Delano
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which is only one of many reasons why I dislike fielding a General with only one army unless I intend it strictly as a bluff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.