Star Wars: Armada» Forums » General

Subject: First tournament questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Sunderland
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Might be playing my first tournament tomorrow. My first question is how long does 3 rounds generally last?

Anything else I need to know before going in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Taylor
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally it's 2.5 hours per round if each round goes to time. That doesn't always happen, but the newer your player base and the larger the group both improve the odds of that happening. So I'd anticipate about 8 hours. Hopefully less.

Other bits of advice:
Make sure you've read up on the FAQ before going so you know what's going on with the official rules.

Give a look at the portions of the tournament document that explain how margins of victory work. The short version is winning big gets you a lot of points, losing big gets you very few, winning or losing by a bit is more in the middle. If things are going poorly, try to minimize your losses.

Remember it's a game. Some people forget that in tournaments
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
killertwinsfan wrote:
Might be playing my first tournament tomorrow. My first question is how long does 3 rounds generally last?

Anything else I need to know before going in?

Yeah: eat, hydrate, possibly take some headache tablets.

I've done 3 Armada tournaments, and there are a lot of tired players by the third round. It's a thinking-heavy day, and it takes it out of you - that's my experience.

Take your time and try not to make any silly mistakes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Most of the tourney's I run are about 9 hours for 3 rounds. Unless it's small (4 players) usually someone will go to time every round, and we usually take a meal break at some point if everyone agrees.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.