$15.00
$5.00
Tanya Egeland
Canada
Bow Island
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On December 22, 2014, I placed an order with David Hitchcock of Playtime Games for 3 games: Flash! $13.25; Sumoku $13.95; Yamslam $19.25 = $46.45 + taxes $6.04 = Total: $52.49. I sent payment via PayPal. He emails me and informs me that Sumoku is out of stock. I tell him that I don't mind waiting for it, and for him to let me know when it comes in and then he would ship the entire order. I don't hear anything from him. I finally contact him on March 11, 2015, asking if the back ordered item had come in yet but do not receive any answer. I try again on September 2, 2015, asking him if the games have been discontinued, or what the status of my order was. Again, I never got a reply. I tried again to contact Playtime Games on December 11, 2015, asking if they would be getting the Sumoku game in or not. If not, then to please just credit my account for the full order. I finally get this reply back from David on December 20, 2015:

"Hi Tanya,
I put this order together last Christmas, I remember.
I will look into what happened to it.
I remember because we haven’t gotten any Sumoku in and I went to another store to get it out to you.
You will get your complete order. I will notify you when it ships.

I've heard nothing from him since. I sent him another email since this time (on May 3, 2016) asking if the order went missing, or if I had to file a claim or something. No reply as usual.

My initial impression of David Hitchcock (who, I am assuming is the owner) is that he was very nice, accommodating, and sincere, but unfortunately, I judged him all wrong. I gave him far too much benefit of the doubt. He has my money, and he has done nothing but strung me along for the last year and a half. I just wanted other BGG members to be aware before they decided to purchase from Playtime Games, as I would hate to see others end up out of pocket like me, especially when I know you guys usually spend big $$$'s on higher-end games. Take care and happy gaming all.:-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried sending him a Geekmail?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe a case of Hanlon's razor?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's way longer than I'd want to wait for games I ordered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tzer wrote:
That's way longer than I'd want to wait for games I ordered.

Yeah there is accommodating but that is nuts. One month max and I would ask for the refund. :0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
NowOrNever88 wrote:
Maybe a case of Hanlon's razor?

Doubt it, I bought something from this same website early august and the ownwer (David Hitchcock) has yet to respond to any emails, including an escalated claim with paypal...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
I can second this man's complaint.

I've dealt with the guy from Playtime four times now and every time I keep asking myself: "why am I ordering from this man?"

Let's forget the fact that his website features games that are mostly out of stock and that he puts daily updates on his main page of games that are "new to the site" but not "in stock". Figure that one out!

He doesn't want you to come to his house for local delivery, even though that's obviously where he's keeping the games. That's fine. He wants to meet at a place nearby. Each time I've waited at that place for no less than 20 minutes. One time he didn't even show up. He rarely apologizes for being late.

The guy, although I'm sure is a good person, is just not professional. This is some dude that has somehow managed to get wholesale prices on games and who probably just uses his store as a fake front to get cheap prices on games for himself and his friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Roepcke
Canada
Penticton
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I made an order on February 5th. I received an email on February 6th saying:

Quote:
Hi Jim,
Shipping is not included.
I will get the best price I can, and let you know.
We can take care of it via PayPal.

David Hitchcock
owner, Playtime Games

That was the last I heard from David Hitchcock. I emailed him asking for an update on February 13th asking for an update, and received no response.

On February 18th I filed a dispute with PayPal over non-receipt of goods. I asked David to cancel the order and refund my money. I received no response.

On February 23rd I sent another message through the PayPal resolution center saying if I didn't get a refund by EOD Feb 24th I'd escalate the case to PayPal. After 17 days of ignoring me, that prompted a response in a matter of minutes:

Quote:
Pretty sure you already did escalate on Paypal, which freezes your order and I can't create a shipping label for it in Paypal.

I hadn't escalated on PayPal yet, that's a separate stage after creating a dispute case. Even if the situation on PayPal somehow stopped him from printing a shipping label, he had 11 days to do that before I opened the dispute case on PayPal... and, how hard is it to print a shipping label or just write my name and address on the box?

I found this thread on BGG and want to let you know you shouldn't order anything from his store as this behaviour of not shipping products after being paid appears to be a pattern.

I've escalated the case to PayPal and hope they will quickly refund my money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Roepcke
Canada
Penticton
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Update: I received a refund from Playtime Games this morning.

This whole situation still just makes no sense. If he didn't have the products in stock, he could have just told me when I asked for an update. If he forgot to ship it, or he was ill or something, he could have just told me when I asked for an update. No big deal.

But ignoring me for weeks despite reaching out to him in a friendly tone, until I have to stoop to threatening a claim on PayPal, and then claiming I'm hindering HIM from shipping, that just makes no sense at all.

Sigh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.