Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » General

Subject: Will there ever be more expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Not sure if this has yet been asked and answered. Just curious!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krisztian Posch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ship pack 2 for sure?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
All you need is love :)
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Szajko wrote:
Ship pack 2 for sure?

Me want too ... badly!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Farmington
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Hobby aquariums are just like board games: except wet, fishy, and you can't play them.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's start a good old fashioned email campaign? Even a Kickstarter would go crazy for one last ship pack 2 expansion plus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Ruck
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
Crabro was my first own-design stunt kite, named after a genus of black and yellow stinging insect in the UK
mbmbmbmbmb
Including extra ships for the next expansion?
BrackAttack wrote:
Let's start a good old fashioned email campaign? Even a Kickstarter would go crazy for one last ship pack 2 expansion plus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Robb
United States
Calais
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Ship Pack 2
more races with unique characteristics
a few more unique hexes

when you wish upon a star . . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Some fan-created content, produced with the quality of, and having undergone the heavy playtesting of, the official stuff. I'd sign up for that.

But then, I sign up for about everything Eclipse, so the above is not really a measure of the greatness of an idea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Oh, and I'm sure that we'll have a couple of years of print-and-play Christmas presents as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stu ma
Germany
HD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If I recall right Ship pack 1 didn't sell well, so I think I remember that the official thought on ship pack 2 was "wait and see".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aselan wrote:
If I recall right Ship pack 1 didn't sell well, so I think I remember that the official thought on ship pack 2 was "wait and see".

Blows my mind that it didn't sell well, just based on the fact that it has so many miniatures for the price! Its honestly a great deal in the miniatures world. Maybe people didn't like the sculpts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vanish wrote:
Aselan wrote:

Blows my mind that it didn't sell well, just based on the fact that it has so many miniatures for the price! Its honestly a great deal in the miniatures world. Maybe people didn't like the sculpts?

The sculpts aren't very good and there isn't too much beyond that. I still bought it but it really is too bad the sculpts aren't better. Most just feel like blocks of plastic instead of detailed miniatures. I'd still like to find better ships for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I didn't buy Ship Pack 1 because it seemed silly to only have special ships for some of the colors. If they released Ship Pack 2, I would probably buy both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Entre
msg tools
Vanish wrote:

For at least one perspective from someone who didn't buy Ship Pack One, I simply don't think more detailed or varied miniatures would add much enjoyment to my game.

I consider myself to like Eclipse a lot, and I jumped on the main game content expansions (RotA and SotR), as I do like playing with new races. I also think the default designs are detailed enough for me; if the default ships had just been different sized wooden cubes, then maybe I'd have paid extra, though that's assuming I still would have gotten into Eclipse with the lower default.

When I see someone make fancy custom pieces for games, I still say "Oh! That's cool!" I just am not likely to do that myself. I'm the kind of person that's content playing Agricola with colored circles for my different resources, though I do heavily prefer the Animeeples over their old default cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Entreri43 wrote:
Vanish wrote:

For at least one perspective from someone who didn't buy Ship Pack One, I simply don't think more detailed or varied miniatures would add much enjoyment to my game.

I consider myself to like Eclipse a lot, and I jumped on the main game content expansions (RotA and SotR), as I do like playing with new races. I also think the default designs are detailed enough for me; if the default ships had just been different sized wooden cubes, then maybe I'd have paid extra, though that's assuming I still would have gotten into Eclipse with the lower default.

When I see someone make fancy custom pieces for games, I still say "Oh! That's cool!" I just am not likely to do that myself. I'm the kind of person that's content playing Agricola with colored circles for my different resources, though I do heavily prefer the Animeeples over their old default cubes.

Well, that 100% sums up my thoughts, right down to Agricola.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galileo Hardin
Chile
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Any updates on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the ships are nice enough as models but to be quite honest I would have been equally happy - or perhaps happier - with nice chunky counters. Personally I find the ships too bulky, whereas counters are stackable.

Another thing is that for me the ship miniatures actually detract from the feeling of building an empire. What, so my imperial navy has just four ships in it? I guess one can assume each mini represents a squadron or something. But a more abstract playing piece would better help me do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sidney Johnson
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
I would like to 2nd the Ship Pack Two. Either provide us official 3D printer diagrams or outsource it to "Meeple" vendors who provide custom pieces for games like Scythe. Kickstarter is also a serious option these days and would clarify within days whether there is sufficient demand for Ship Pack Two... why not offer Ship Pack Two for a major hurdle bonus in "real" expansion Kickstarter campaign?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.