$30.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

The Reckoners» Forums » General

Subject: Please give us more details on the game (such as msrp or release date) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
I am a Turtle.
mbmbmbmbmb
whistle

Really am interested in the Reckoned trilogy, and I'm hoping the game turns out to be rlly good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I second this request!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seth van orden
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Dbriner31 wrote:
whistle

Really am interested in the Reckoned trilogy, and I'm hoping the game turns out to be rlly good.

I'm glad to see others are really excited about this game too. I can't give out a ton of details yet as there are a lot of things that are still subject to change. The development is going well, but there is a lot still to do. It is not likely to hit stores before the second half of 2017.

I will release more details as development progresses. We would love those interested in play testing The Reckoners. Feel Free to let me know if you are interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Jurney
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would love to play test Reckoners. Also, is this a straight release or is this being crowdfunded?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Sobol
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jurney06 wrote:
I would love to play test Reckoners. Also, is this a straight release or is this being crowdfunded?

Awesome. If you subscribe to our mailing list or send us a message, then you will be among the first to know about playtesting. We will be Crowdfunding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
I am a Turtle.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bsobol1 wrote:
jurney06 wrote:

Awesome. If you subscribe to our mailing list or send us a message, then you will be among the first to know about playtesting. We will be Crowdfunding.

Is there an eta as to when the Kickstarter will be out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this thread. Had no idea there was a Reckoners game in development until I saw this pop up on the front page.

Hope gameplay is more 2-player friendly than Mistborn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Sobol
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Dbriner31 wrote:
Bsobol1 wrote:
jurney06 wrote:

Is there an eta as to when the Kickstarter will be out?

Aiming for Q4 2017. Subscribe to the Reckoners page or this thread, and we will make a post when it's live.

We should be posting some cover art in a few days!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Sobol
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
mavericklancer wrote:
Thanks for this thread. Had no idea there was a Reckoners game in development until I saw this pop up on the front page.

Hope gameplay is more 2-player friendly than Mistborn.

Awesome! We are happy you found it. Since Seth and I play the majority of our games with our spouses, we always emphasize a strong two player experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried the current prototype at UnPub 7, and I thought the base mechanisms and gameplay were fantastic, and really were in sync with the theme. Definitely looking forward to it coming out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Sobol
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone -
Following upon the request for more info, I wanted to share some details here with the latest play info. Please keep in mind that the game and all artwork/components is still in development and subject to change, but we are pretty happy with how it's coming together. Right now, here is an update on what you can expect:

In The Reckoners, players work to take down one powerful super-villain (referred to as a "high epic") named Steelheart. The players win by discovering his weakness (think Kryptonite for Superman) and then reducing his health points to 0. However, Steelheart and his cohorts will destroy the city population, if too much time is devoted to research and planning. The players will lose if the city's population ever reaches 0 or if Steelheart's power level grows too high. The game feels like a constant battle of saving lives vs. committing resources to fight the big bad guy.

The core of the game is simultaneous dice rolling, re-rolling, and resolution. Several playtesters have described it as "a co-operative King of Tokyo." There are variable player powers and custom dice for each person to specialize in different aspects of the game. You can see a few images of the game in action with rough prototype materials below.

With artwork by Miguel Coimbra (7 Wonders, Cyclades, Imhotep), graphic design by Ian O'Toole (Stockpile, The Gallerist, Lisboa), and miniatures from Jin Vi (Scythe, Fragged Empire), The Reckoners will be our most involved production to-date, and we are working to ensure that the mechanisms make the theme of Brandon Sanderson's the Reckoners come to life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Sobol
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We just responded to 17th shard on Twitter and shared an update that I wanted to post here for all of you:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.