Subject: Outpost Placement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathaniel P
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The rulebook clearly states "Each Tile can only be connected to 1 Outpost of any player colour."

My question pertains to outposts on different islands that share the same tile... If a tile is a part of two different islands, can you build an outpost on both islands, even though they share that tile?

Seems like a simple answer, but it doesn't seem to make sense that one island would affect another. Thoughts? Specifically, Shem's thoughts would be appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rivwelke wrote:
The rulebook clearly states "Each Tile can only be connected to 1 Outpost of any player colour."

My question pertains to outposts on different islands that share the same tile... If a tile is a part of two different islands, can you build an outpost on both islands, even though they share that tile?

Seems like a simple answer, but it doesn't seem to make sense that one island would affect another. Thoughts? Specifically, Shem's thoughts would be appreciated

I'm pretty sure you answer your own question with the quote from the rulebook. If I remember correctly, the rule book specifically addresses this exact scenario by showing a red "X" denoting an illegal placement of an outpost on an adjoining tile with a different island.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, one Outpost per tile, regardless of the landscape. This makes placement important for affecting influence on neighbouring islands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.