Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wife and I have been playing through a friends copy, and we've played up to Prophecy of Dragons. We're both a bit burnt out on the "go back and re-do the whole thing" aspect, so I'm curious if anyone has tried just playing with infinite time to explore the story.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jono Naito
United States
Red Hook
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I suspect it is fine. It is your fun, and if you just want to explore in one long go, try it out! Resetting and going back lets my group take breaks and consider the puzzle of finishing in a time limit, but I think we'd be fine with unlimited time too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
At least in Marcy Case it's not possible. In PoD I think you can do it but it will take away a lot of the fun but this would be a spoiler.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
The only reason it may not work is if you choose option A on your first run, and then wanted to choose option B next time - assuming those are mutually exclusive.

But for me, the going back and doing things differently is one of the parts of the game I love, because most of the time, you dont just repeat exactly, you do different things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hainz
Germany
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For some scenarios, using the time track is not so essential, as for Asylum. For PoD on the other hand it is, the difficulty of that scenario relies on using your time wisely.
I personally know of two fan scenarios intended to end them in a single run, otherwise you will be just dead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coxie Cox
Switzerland
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We did this this weekend with Under the mask. We don't want to loose all our progression and finish without succeed our mission. Then when the time was over, we reset the time to 30 UT and kept going on. We have modified some things (I don't want to spoil) but all players were OK to do that. We wanted to privilege the story and it was fun!
I think it's possible to do this with Asylum. I still don't know with other stories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.